Paige had a big day today...




As many who read here know Paige is my major challenge for some time now. She has had everything removed from her room since the summer. Her behavior had just gotten so bad that we had to take extreme measures. Anyway, she has earned things back one by one and then lost them again and has been earning again. Yesterday she got a bed for the first time since the summer. She had been sleeping on her mattress on the floor so she was very excited about getting the bed! Then today we put up rings from her ceiling that she can hang on and swing on and generally just burn up some energy. Shad and I were at Ikea on Saturday and saw them. She has been driving me crazy going into my front room several time a day taking all the pillows and cushions off the couch and then jumping off the couch onto them. She has taught the twins to do this and, in her defense, I think her older sisters taught her to do it. I thought upon seeing the rings....these might be a great bargaining tool to keep her out of my front room and also just in general. They are an awesome idea and they were $8.00 so really how could we refuse. They can hold up to 220 lbs...WOW! We installed them and she (and her sisters) enjoyed the heck out of them. We have told her that she loses them with any bad choices that are significant. I really think they will be great for her because she can burn off energy and I think that will really help keep her busy, especially during the cold winter...we will see how this goes. Click here to see more photos.....

As a side note I made chili and cornbread tonight for dinner from scratch (well I used a seasoning packet but added a lot to it) and it was so yummy! Everyone loved it and I was so proud! The pot was almost empty only 1-2 more bowls left! So apparently I am not too shabby in the chili department, huh??

Comments