Th root of all evil



LAUNDRY Yes you read that right....I consider laundry to be the root of all evil. Why, you may ask...well. It never ends, it is a viscious circle of neverending laundriness. It goes on and on and on without end. The kids just won't go to school naked and Shad is not a fan of going to work in that manner either. I just don't understand it. It is such a little thing. We are all basically the same...why is that a problem? After the twins were born the laundry took on a new meaning. We ponderd the problem and decided to purchase the biggest washer and dryer we could. We did do some research into this and decided that Maytag was the one to buy. Neptune frontloader. It was at least 2500 as a set. I think close to 3000 but we really thought it was a good decision to purchase it. So we did, in October of 2005 we had these delivered and my life was bliss...ok, so not really because I still had to do laundry, but really good anyway. Far improved. So life went on and the machines have broken down over and over and are now out of their initial warranty period. We replaced the dryer tumbler tub within a few months of getting the set. This should have been a bad omen. It had split but they replaced it free of charge...excpet I beilieve we had to pay $65 to have the guy come out and look at it. So since then we have developed a first name based relationship with the Maytag man! Not good...but now, the tumbler tub is once again broken. The dryer has been leaving black marks that look like pencil marks all over our clothes. LOVELY So Rick (maytag man) came out on Friday and told me that the tumbler and the bulkhead are out and would need to be replaced...wonderful. He sad he would call me Monday to tell me just how much this would cost me. He did not call. I called today and he ask me if I was sitting down...not good. He said it would cost 5?? alost 600 dollars. He suggested I call Maytag and see if they would pay for any of it. I did and was informed that the dryer tumbler tub is manufatcure warranty for 5 years. So that wiuld be covered part only. Then she told me dryers don't have a bulkhead...so she wasn't sure what that was but if it was the motor, Maytag doesn't cover the motor...DUH!? So I called Rick back to ask him what the part actually is. I have not heard from him and I have nothing but time....AND LOADS OF DIRTY LAUNDRY! Once we figure it all out we have to order the part or parts, wait for them to get here, get them installed etc etc...this is looking long and dirty....as in laundry. I guess I will just continue to do laundry and then try to treat all the little marks on the clothes after the fact. It will take me forever to go through all the laundry and treat ever single stain and then hope they come out with some dawn. Don't you wish you were me? Don't buy Maytag. We have had nothing but problems. Not just with the washer/dryer.. Anyway, that is my suggestion...do what you will...Rick is a nice guy after all and I wouldn't want to take the pleasure of meeting and maintaining a lifelong friendship with him away from you by any means...

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh no! I'm sorry. Life without a washing machine really is difficult. Ironic huh? Since laundry is so evil! I hope it all gets fixed and at as little of cost as possible. thanks for the tip about Maytag. Our dryer is slowly dying and we'll be looking for a new set soon.