Barbie Cake part 1 (to be continued)

So, the twins love Barbie. I mean, seriously. So they are going to be three in exactly 1 hour 41 minutes and 44 minutes respectively. I looked into buying them Barbie Birthday cakes (the ones with the doll and a dress made from the cake)they were 38.00 each. I can't buy one. That just isn't right. One twin gets a Barbie the other to look at a Barbie? Nah, that just won't work. 70 dollars for Birthday cakes!!!! I think not. I am thinking, hey, I can make these. I look into buying the special cake mold and find it to be 19.99. Again, I think not. So I remember or am told that you can make this cake with the Pampered Chef Classic Batter Bowl. I round up two batter bowls from friends and do some research into this whole thing. I buy the cake mixes and commence mixing. In all the things I read it said to use 2 cake mixes...so I did. 4 cake mixes in two batter bowls and put them into the oven. About 10 minutes later my kitchen is filled with smoke and it is fast filling my whole home. The cakes have exploded and are dripping all over the heating elements and burning and smoking....lovely. Shad helps me take them out and scrape out the oven. Then we decide to try to save the cakes and I get a ladle and scoop out some of the batter. We then reheat the oven, put them back in, and hope for the best. Probably not but hey..I had to try!

to be continued..........

Comments

Heidi said…
Good luck! I am sure it will work this time. $38 per cake! Wow! Carley's Barbie cake was $15 and it was humongous five layers and five cake mixes.
IamDerby said…
Melony I did this for Carrie when she was about 3. I also used the pampered chef bowl. The doll is a little too tall if I remember correctly. I do believe I broke her legs off. It was harder than I thought. One idea that did work was those little Kelly dolls in cupcakes. They were the perfect size and so much easier to decorate. Good luck!! post pics when you are done.
Chels said…
Wow. Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures, they sound like they'll be way cute!