If only I could post smells

So...for future reference to whomever may need it. Do not leave gallons milk in an extremely hot black minivan for 2 days. I took Celia and Emma with me to the store Last Tuesday between sales appointments. I quick dropped them off at home and asked them to take the groceries we had purchased into the house. I had to be somewhere quickly. Fast forward to Wednesday afternoon when I have yet another sales meeting and I go without noticing anything is amiss. Thursday at 4 PM I head out to the van to go to yet another appointment. I open the door to the van and am assaulted by some horrible smell. I have no time to mess with this now and so I get in the van wondering what the smell is. I start looking around and see the 2 gallons of milk which are now almost empty except for some curdled looking stuff n the jugs. Apparently the gallons had exploded in th ecar after going bad. Sour milk is such a horrible smell. I just can't even explain to you how bad this smelled. The van was parked in the garage overnight with the smell on Thursday night and the smell had permeated into the house Friday morning! It was so horrible! The van was drenched in this nasty milk! I took the removable floor mats out of the van and washed them for like an hour or two then set them aside to let them dry. But the floor of the van needs help and I am just not sure hat I can di. Anyway we had to rent a professional grade carpet cleaner which we quite thoroughly used in the van and to make a long story short the van smells better due to air fresheners we continue to use. It is not gone but it is quite bearable now.....So...just don't leave milk in your van on HOT days. Oh, by the way, it was right behind the passenger seat which is why it wasn't seen...

Comments

IamDerby said…
Melony,
This happened to my best friend and to finally get rid of the smell she had her car professionally detailed. It wasnt cheap but it did finally get rid of the smell.
IamDerby said…
Hey Melony... I have an award for you... come over and pick it up if you want to play.
Melony said…
hmm..I like to play and I lie awards. :) will be right "over"
IamDerby said…
Hi Melony. Just copy the image to your hard drive... I just save mine to the desk top. I think on a PC (I use a Mac at home) you right click and then click save image as... then just upload it to your blog.