Circus!







We had the amazing opportunity on Friday to take our whole family to the circus. The girls texted like mad one weekend for a contest the radio station was having to win 4 tickets (which they did) and then Parker (who is just our angel of goodness LOL, really I can't say enough about him and how kind he has been to our family) gave Emma another 4 for her birthday. There are a lot of DJ's on the radio and I have even met a few over the years. None seem to truly enjoy people they way that Parker seems to. He is just kind and pays attention. The girls love him because they feel important to him and that means a lot to us. I just really cannot say enough about him and his kindness. He is real, which is more than I can say for so many other personalities out there. He gets a lot of flack from people on the station but honestly it is not deserved. Yeah, he has changed things on the station but things change. That is life. Some people are too important to recognize 6 little girls who idolize them and wouldn't give them the time of day more than the "fake-ness" that many have to offer. Whether he actually does think they are important or not he has made them feel like that and it means a lot to them..and therefore to us.

Ok..enough about that. So the circus was so fun! Shad had never been...I think I went once. I have a vague memory of it but I am not 100% sure if I actually went or maybe dreamed it or something. Mom?? Anyway..cheesy? Definitely. Cool..Absolutely. The kids were enthralled for most of the show. Jillian kept asking about the elephants which came back in the second act after intermission. Even Kenzie admitted that she thought it was cool. That, in and of itself is saying something. What was really cool was I had bought all these little snack packs and a few bags of candy to snack on. Shad dropped us off and went to park the car. I had the backpack loaded with goodies because I did not want to pay the way overpriced prices for 6 kids nor can I afford it. So we are waiting to get through security and we get up there and it says NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINKS. I was so annoyed and told the security guard, "I don't know what is going to happen here I have food." "How much?" He asked. "Tons", I said. He then looked in the bag and said well....and then just made a waving us off action mouthing "Go on in" I was so grateful because that really saved us. A snow cone was 12.00!!!! The little light-up twirling thingys were $20, 22, 25. A program was $15! It was just unbelievable and the girls were very upset that they could not get get anything but we were lucky to be there to begin with and they did have a great time. We made lots of memories and I was so glad we got to take them. We got great seats...we would have paid $24.50/ticket! We are blessed and I know it. What fun! The motorcycles above were so cool...they had 7 in that little ball! It was amazing. The girls loved the trapeze. Everything was fun. Only a few points dragged. I didn't expect the singing, but, whatever. The girls keep talking about this stupid little skit thing that a few of the clowns and the ringmaster did with bubbles. It is funny the things they remember.

Check out all the circus photo's by clicking here.

Comments

Yep, we went to the circus a couple of times if memory serves me well. Once when you were really small and again when Davin was little. Poor Heidi, I guess her small years were missed!

You all loved it and it was at the Ford Field House here in GR.

Talking about the refreshments and the price they also were so far out of the people's budget here also. You know these people need to remember they are performing for families. Families are poor as they are families!

What does corporate America think? Oh that's right they don't!!!
Melony said…
I know what they think...$$$$$$$$$$$$ :/