Super Mom??? Hardly.

Whatever happened to homemade cupcakes and treats for kids school birthday treats? What has this world come to that we cannot just send a dang tupperware full of yummy homemade treats with our kids to share with their friends at school??? Now we are not allowed to bring anything other than store bought treats and even some schools require individually wrapped as well! What is that about? I hate that we have come to this in our world today...it is screwed up to say the least. It is expensive. The girls class sizes are usually in the upper 20's. That can get very pricey, VERY fast. Paige had her 6th birthday yesterday and wanted to bring a treat to share with her class so Shad and I decided to get a few bags of candy and put together treat bags for each person. Luckily she only has 22 kids in her class. A few weeks ago another little girl had a b-day and her Mom had put together little treat bags with cute little tags and ribbons and the works. I was like, wow...this must be her first kid, cuz this lady has wayyy too much time on her hands...or maybe she just loves her daughter more than I love mine :/So....back to now, when I am trying to figure out how to affordably and yummily provide the illustrious birthday treats to this class of discerning kindergartners (YES, THEY ARE DISCERNING AND JUDGMENTAL) Don't ask why...just go with it! I am getting to the point I promise! Shad and I spent at least a half hour debating on just the perfect treat. I know this may sound like a lot to you but remember, these kindergarteners ARE discerning!!! And WE are cheap..these two just don't mix well. At first it was just gonna be twinkies and then it evolved to a bag of candy. I was like sure I can throw a few candies in a plastic baggy. I then end up with cute little Halloween baggy's to throw the candies in. Next I pick up a bag of Halloween themed M&M's and think I will toss a few of these in for good measure. Next I am thinking, OH and I can give them all a few tattoos out of a tattoo book I have at home. So this is snowballing fast....and remember the lady I mentioned before who had way too much time on her hands.......well............cuz kindergartners care...dang it! They do!

As you can see I even debated on two different options for presentation...WOW....how the previously mocking have fallen. What can I say...that competitive Woman in me can only be slapped down so many times. Paige loved it! That is the important thing, right!

Oh, but wait - according to a certain radio DJ (who shall remain nameless) I am a HORRIBLE mother - and that is a direct quote. LOL Just because I chose to go to a Weezer show on my daughters birthday...does that make me a bad Mom? No...that makes me a music lover MOm with free tickets to a Weezer/Angels and Airwaves show.

Paige had a great day...she got her haircut and got to go to the radio station and be on the air and hang out with her quasi boyfriend...If he were 6 they would totally be an item... :) She got cupcakes and treats for her friends and even got a mini Barbie cake from Dallan...who she shares her bday with. It was a fun day for her.

It was fun for us with the concert, which was sooo fun by the way...great show! The lead singer of Weezer is not exactly the kind of guy you would expect to powers slide across the stage or to jump on a mini trampoline while singing. It was just good. I have been a Weezer fan for a very long time so it was fun to see them. And oh yeah - free is always good. We had great seats and even ended up sitting by Grant Ruby...one of the other DJ's. We like Grant, he is good people too. It was a fun night. One of the coolest things about it was at the end, for their first encore they had about 35-40 random people with every type of instrument you can imagine come on the stage and they played Island In The Sun and Beverly Hills with this motley "band" It was way fun. Good times....
:)

And Paige gets more partying tonight and Friday afternoon so it is all good!

The reason I called this post Super Mom was when I took the stuff up to the school and was at the office signing in as a visitor to take it down to her class this other mother came in and said, wow..look at you go, super Mom! I said, hardly. She said, well, that is more than I would have done...I just had to laugh..

Comments

Heidi said…
Wow. Happy Birthday, Paige! :)
Shannon said…
I didn't even know you had a blog Melony! I just went on Facebook to write you a note that I changed my blog address when I saw yours. Very cute! Our new address is shannonandallen.blogspot.com. I wasn't sure if yours would automatically switch it or not. Thanks for the great comments!