Just like Old Times



In this day and age of DS's, iPod's, XBox, Playstation, Big screen TV, movies etc etc... it was a great thing as a Mom to walk inside after stepping out onto the porch to have a quiet phone conversation with my brother to find Celia and her friend, Hannah entertaining themselves so simply Friday afternoon. I remember doing this as a girl and the ridiculous fun they were to do. And the girls clearly knew the rhymes so it wasn't something they were trying out. It is something they do! It is just nice to know that entertainment can still be classic and unplugged. My girls are forever taking their DS's to their friends houses and playing them together while listening to their iPods. How is that playing with a friend??? Just yesterday(and it happens ALL the time) Paige road her bike to a friends house and the friend came over here. Paige wanted to play Barbies and the friend said she wasn't interested. The friend came to ask me what movie I could put on. I told her they should go play. They can watch movies when they are alone but they can't play ponies, or Barbies or Petshops or one of the other many toys we have. She was not thrilled with this. She told me, No, she really wanted to just watch a movie.

I really can't remember going to a friends to play and spending that time watching movies. We played! I mean, if we had a sleepover, and it was dark, sometimes we would watch a movie, but I remember playing late into the night. It makes me crazy all the kids that come over here and just want to sit in front of a TV. We do a lot of music in my house. I let my kids play video games sparingly. I just wish the world were a simpler place.

I enjoy reading. Kenzie does too but the rest of my girls aren't that into it. Emma is my next best hope of liking books but I fear she will never enjoy them the way Kenzie and I do. Maybe I am the mean Mom for trying to encourag ethem to play but I hope in the end I am the smart Mom too....

Comments

Wow is Celia looking older or what? She is so pretty but way too old! Her hair is beautiful!

Hand games were the best. Now that I think of it why is that? You are just clapping and moving your hands? As an adult I don't get it but as a kid I loved it also!