Ace of Cake's!



I spent all day yesterday baking cakes. I made 8 - 3 tiered mini cakes for Celia's birthday party today. She loves to watch Food Network and TLC and loves Cake Challenge, Ace of Cakes, and Cake Boss so we put our heads together and decided on an Ace of Cakes party. We bought mini cake pans in three sizes and 8 cake mixes to fill them. She chose milk chocolate cake after much debate in the cake aisle. I thought the debate time was a little excessive but I was informed that it was an important decision and there were many decisions, ie; Lemon, German chocolate (which I was told she'd never tried - NOT TRUE) Carrot Cake (Nasty), and 4 or 5 different flavors of chocolate. Well anyway, you get the stress level involved here, right?

So anyway I baked lovingly and then leveled, wrapped in aluminum foil and froze 24 cake layers. Each cake had to be cooked individually (all 3 layers at once) because we only bought one set of pans. They weren't that pricey but when you're looking at buying 8 - well....

This morning I took Celia to get her hair done and her nails done and then when we got home around noon I began making buttercream frosting. 8 pounds of confectioners sugar 8 cups of butter/crisco and 24 ounces of heavy whipping cream plus vanilla and salt and VOILA! A kitchen full of frosting. And would it be too terribly vain to say that my frosting was absolutely delicious? Cuz it was...OMG! Sooooo goood! The girls (who wanted to just skip the knives and eat it by the spoonfull lol) gave it rave reviews and I've had parents ask for the recipe. So anyway - yeah, apparently I make good buttercream frosting! Yippee! I was kinda proud - bet you can't tell...I'm the mistress of subtlety.

My friend Sharon came and taught the girls how to make flowers and borders and smooth their layers etc and it was a super fun day that I think Celia enjoyed completely which was the plan! All 8 of her invitee's attended and they were too cute!

BTW - I'd like to point out that the OMG above is OMGosh...not the other. It's mormon abbrevation. Just FYI

Oh - and one more thing, Celia got to have an 11th bday party because we just didn't give her her 10th last year. There wasn't any reason except we just didn't so she got hers this year! Generaly we only do 10 and 12.

Comments

I can't see the picture but the party and prep seem to have been great fun as well as lots of work! You are the Mother!!!!