About a broom....


A broom is surprisingly awesome these days in my house. Because, other than it's awesome "ride-ability" (Not that I would know anything about that and DON"T ask my kids....they wouldn't have anything to say about that!) it has magical memory-invoking powers! Now you get a story! I bet you're excited! I am, cuz this is GOING TO BE PUBLISHED! Yeah, it's on the internet and it's free and I have no agent, but I'm focusing on the positive here!!! Stay with me! Commence story-telling......now:

One day a few months ago my awesome hubby and I went out to the store leaving our eager and wonderful Celia in charge. When we arrived at our home we entered and were pretty much blown over by an odor. Now when I say odor you are probably thinking it's bad and, well, it was perfume. Perfume generally smells good, however, when you walk in your home and are veritably blown over by the smell then I think it qualifies as an odor, yes? So, the perfume was just wafting ALL over the house. Celia informed us tat while she was helping one of the twins brush their teeth they had knocked over my prized bottle of Bijan perfume.

Why you may ask is this a prized item? I really don;t actually like the smell that much anymore honestly. It was almost full and has been hanging out on my bathroom counter for several years rarely ever getting its chance to shine as my main great smelly stuff. When my husband and I were talking of marriage and all that we went ring shopping. We went to a local store called Ari Diamonds in Ogden Utah, which was close to his place of employment which at the time was America Online. (Yeah..WOW...flashback!!) Anyway, This perfume was in that jewelry store and I found a ring there I LOVED with every inch of my little 21-year-old heart. So, I also loved the perfume. And, why not? We left without purchasing anything that day but my heart was hopeful that young man would get it right. I left the following day to return to my normal life in Michigan, sad that I would not be able to spend valentines day with aforementioned young man. It was only three days away and I'd just left UT where I'd been to attend his Grandfathers funeral, so us spending the holiday together was clearly not going to happen.
I worked that Friday(valentines day 1997) and could not get a hold of my love all day. I was sad and even a little angry at his lack of contact on this day of hearts. When I walked in the door that night after work I was greeted by that very awesome young man! He two of the best things in life on his person when he opened the door, my little Kenzie and a dozen roses! Yeah...that's the way he rolls. He is awesome. All was forgiven. He and I went out to the Amway Grand Plaza hotel that evening to celebrate the hearts day.
So, at dinner with all this I was thinking, everything is perfect for him to have a ring. Not to mention that he kept dropping hints and all. So when he said, "I really want to spend eternity with you and I wonder if this will help convince you to spend it with me." while simultaneously reaching into his pocket and pulling out.....WHAT??? A box that's dimensions were a bit large for that of a tiny little ring box. And I knew he didn't have the time to get the ring I wanted anyway so if he did bring me a ring I knew it wouldn't be the one I REALLY wanted...but anyway, what a freaking let-down when I opened the gift and found the jewelry store perfume inside. "Yeah. I want to spend eternity with you too but come on!!!"
So, we finished dinner and walked out by the fountain where I sat down. He then says, "Oh, you know, funny thing.....they gave me this with that perfume." A little, black velvet box!!!! JUST right....he hits his knee and the rest is history. But anyway, so, you now see why the perfume is prized, right? (What can I say, I like long explanations!!!)


So, back to the broom. Daughter, Celia said she had cleaned up all the perfume which did worry us a tiny bit seeing as how the house smelled as if it might have been bathed in Bijan from floorboard to ceiling after her "cleaning". We went up to out bedroom and found that she had done a pretty decent job of cleaning up all the mess and had just thrown the perfume soaked towels into our dirty laundry hampers in the master bath-room. She'd swept up the broken glass and everything.

So, why is sweeping just awesome since then you may ask? Well, every time I sweep (as I was doing earlier today)I get to remember the whole engagement scenario. The perfume has bonded itself in some strange way to the broom fibers and sweeping is a lovely, scented experience! LOL It's awesome! Who knew a broom could be so completely awesome! Right??
Posted by Picasa

Comments