Weight loss update...I have been working on my weight, I started in December weighing about 320 lbs....this made me so sad in so many ways. I felt bad, I looked bad and I couldn't believe that I had let myself get away with this. I was simply not expecting much of ME, which, in my book, is a not acceptable. I decided I was done with the weight, the excuses and the self pity. I was going to be a healthy Mom who could set a good example for my girls and feel good about me on many levels. I wanted to be healthy, to me this is not about weight, it is about self control, telling myself No and really hearing it. This is about fitness and health. Many people ask me what is your goal weight, I don't have one. I want to feel my best, look my best and have my body fat percentage in check, then I will be at my goal, wherever that is. This has been quite a journey but I see an end in sight and I feel so much better....to date my weight is 228, I am fast approaching 100 pounds! I am excited about this milestone but I know I have more work to do....I will post updates and thoughts about this as I go along. I had a hysterectomy about 3.5 weeks ago and I feel great but I was worried about this because I couldn't exercise during my recovery, I am happy to report that before the surgery I was 240 so the weight loss has continued! My doctor gave me the OK to begin moderate to light exercise so I did yesterday...I only got in 10 minutes!!! My heart rate was out of control and way over its zone so I stopped there..I am trying to listen to my body but I can't wit to get to my full fitness regime again soon! He said 5 weeks no restrictions so I am eagerly waiting for that! I am not trying to brag here I hope people don't feel that way, this is just something I am very proud of in my life and that I want to keep doing, by other people knowing about it elsewhere it gives me even more accountability which I find is good for the soul :)

Comments