houses, cars, people

I came to a conclusion as I was scrubbing my 8 foot long kitchen island, sweeping my HUGE kitchen and trying to negotiate breakfast with 2 people who are not into negotiations....I have too much!!! The more I wanted the more I got and now I come to one conclusion. I have all that I wanted and it is just work for me. As we have added onto the house (by finishing the basement) we now have 34000+ sq feet of work for me to do!! LOL The kids have chores but even that is work for me sometimes, trying to get them to do them! An example is last night, my unruly (yet lovable) 8 year old was told when she got home from school that she needed to do her homework and then do her daily chore of dishwasher unloading. At 8:20 last night I say to her (it is now bedtime) where is your homework? She replies that it is not finished, even though she told me earlier in order to go over to her friends house that both items had previously been accomplished. I am at this point remarkably unhappy with her and inform her that she will now go up to the kitchen and unload the dishwasher. This child who is just a month or so out form being 9 throws herself onto the wood floor in the office and begins throwing a tantrum the likes of which we can only minorly comprehend. I mean this tantrum is an Oscar winning performance. She is screaming that she must complete her homework and on and on plus scooting across the floor on her back and bum whilst screaming. The logic of this whole situation remains lost on me, since I keep telling her that the longer she cries the longer she will be NOT doing that oh so important(I am not refuting the importance by the way), homework. Eventually after this battle rages on for about 20 minutes she concedes and goes up and does the dishwasher and eventually gets to the homework. And just as a side note, this morning when I got up I was down getting lunches packed for school and was informed that my 7 year old, Emma (who was told to go to bed at the time of Celia's fit) was up downstairs watching tv in the playroom until Celia went to bed!!!! They do not realize how close they come some days to losing their lives or at the very least going to live on a farm somewhere.....but I would miss them. Maybe. Well...eventually, anyway.
I have so much work to do in this house so I best get going since we all know that my half sane hours are limited....the other 3 girls are home at 3:30! :D All of this and my friends wondered why I did not feel like going out with them last night.....they all went to see a movie and told me I was a loser for staying home but I just didn't feel the love and wanted to veg in front of my SVU! I know, it is nuts...I am usually always up for girls night out but the night before that I had been over Nic's house in the hot tub for and several hours with her....just wanted to veg at home. All of this and Jillian is ill....she has quite a cold. And she and her evil twin have decidedly figured out how to surpass gates, doorknobs, cribs..etc....Are we having fun yet??? More work..see what I mean.

Comments

Heidi said…
Ya gotta check the homework before they go to the friends! LOL I learned that the hard way!
LOL