music appreciation


Last night Shad and I watched a movie together and when the movie was over the music and credits roll. The song that was playing was one that I thought I had never heard before, yet, as soon as it started playing I started singing along..knowing all the words. How weird is that??? So then we see that it is called Behind Blue Eyes and is by Limp Bizkit. I am not a huge Limp Bizkit fan, I mean I have heard there stuff but not a fan....so how in the world am I singing along to this song???? We research and find out why, it was written by Pete Townsend of The Who back in the 70's....so there it is folks, I was singing along because my Dad was always a Who fan and must have played it when I was young and growing up and apparently it stuck, since I had no recollection of the song, yet knew all the words! Kind of funny....I actually liked the Limp Bizkit version so it is above as my daily music clip! Enjoy! My Dad has good taste, I guess.....I hate to say that because when I was young it wasn't good to me. Now I find myself getting all sentimental with a Who song and wondering about purchasing Moody Blues. Can you say OLD!? Love ya Dad! :D

Comments

Dave said…
It could also be that it was a single and they played it on the radio all the time, but who knows!