rambling


Is it just me or do you love the change of the seasons too? It is my favorite, know why? Because mornings start out wondering if it will be cold or hot and how you should dress your children for school today. So then my kids go into my closet (this is where we store out of season clothes) and they pull everything out of the boxes or bags and spend hours, that they don't have, looking through and trying on clothes. This all ends badly for Celia, pretty much every time. She is intolerable to dress....she can drive you mad if it comes to clothes. She is so picky with what she will wear and won't wear. She can have drawers full of clothes and still appear in my bedroom in her underwear stating that she has nothing to wear. I tell her of at least 6 things I know for a fact that she can wear. She is not a fan of these "suggestions" and lets me know in her lovely little way, which involves her laying on the floor screaming as if she were close to a horrible impending death (which at this point in the morning I would be happy to offer her) By this time, unfortunately my patience has run out and I tell her what she will be wearing today. I then set the timer and let her know that she will be dressed in the outfit I kindly helped her choose (since she seemed to be in somewhat of a quandary regarding the current fashion dilemma) or she will remain in her room in her underwear for the remainder of the day today. There is much screaming, wailing and gnashing of teeth that follows but she eventually appears in clothes and red face. It is wonderful, the world is a happier place and she doesn't realize it but for the 987,235th time she has escaped death! Score one for Celia, or for me....because after all, I am the one that let her live! I love the change of seasons! But really, this happens more than I care to admit, the only difference is all of the mess on my closet floor when the seasons are changing. But if the mess wasn't there, really....what would I do with my day???

Comments