$10,000.00

After a week of thinking I finally figured I would write out my thoughts on the plastic surgery situation. I posted that last week I was going to see one and that was last Tuesday so I go there and the doctor was nice enough, the office was nice. Shad went with me, he was interested in this whole thing too. This was a free consultation...I initially knew that I needed work in 3 key areas so I went in and first we discussed the chest...it is rather depressing and needs a lift (aka mastoplexy). So when they do this lift it removes a lot of tissue and will make the chest quite a bit smaller than it is now or has ever been for that matter. So along with the lift I need augmentation as well so that I will still have a chest I can be happy with. Anyway silicone implants are 2000 more than saline but IMO they are better, the operating room is 1400 and the anesthesia is 1100. The surgeries are 3450 and 3800 respectively. You do the math. Even if I had 10,000.00 which I don't I don't know that I could ever spend that kind of money on sheer vanity. I mean, there are so many other things I need to spend money on. Also there are risks to consider, death for vanity doesn't sound fun, I mean I don't want to be dead but look awesome in my casket. Not to mention that 5-10% lose sensation in the area...That is not really a good plan either. It is hard to think that it is that expensive and I will never be able to do it. I just hate what I see in the mirror sometimes but I am proud of my accomplishments to date so I guess I just learn to deal. There is a lot more to life than vanity, right? I just need to accept the way things are and move on. The other work I need done we didn't even price out. Oh well...accept what you can't change and change the things you can. That is what I am going to do. I am going to do everything I can physically do to fix my outside and hopefully someday it will match my inside. I am blessed in so many ways and I am being so trivial with worrying about vanity. My machine is fixed and I plan to work out tonight. Yeah! However, my MP3 player is broken and I don't know how I will survive without my playlists! I HAVE to have music to make it through the workout. I am a music person all the way. TV is fine and good in captions but I gotta have a beat! I was going to work out during the twins nap but I have too much to do and I have to go to an appointment with Celia's teacher at 3:30 so I just don't think I could pull it off, what with the hour of red face and sweating following my workout! LOL I can't shower till that is over, because what would be the point? Well..work to be done so I am off. Tonight is tree decorating so the girls will be bouncing around with anticipation when they get home! Bye all!


Oh - just as a side note, the plastic surgeon told me that my insurance has about a snowballs chance in he** of paying for any of this work. He did mention however that I might have had a chance if I had had gastric bypass. He said he has seen a lot of cases where the insurance paid for the Gastric and then paid for "repairs" following that surgery. I don't know how accurate that is but if so!!!!!!!!! That just isn't right! I mean, I worked hard for this! Oh well, I don't regret for one minute losing the weight the way that I have so it really is just info, nothing more!

Comments