Mackenzie Ciarra Pulley

12 years ago yesterday my life was forever changed as I held my first daughter in my arms for the first time. It was a rough time in my life since things in my life were uncertain but I knew with everything that I had that we would be ok. I knew that she would be amazing. She was such a happy baby, she slept through the night from the day she was born, she smiled constantly. I mean, this child was almost never unhappy. Such a joyous little girl and baby. Now as she changes into the young woman she is becoming I can't believe how the time has flown by. She is a wonderful artist and has a talent for writing. She loves to listen to music. All kinds of music. This is something she gets from us, there is always music in this house..I prefer it to TV most of the day. Anyway, at the risk of sounding cliche I have to say that being a mother has been the greatest thing in my life. Sometimes it makes me laugh, sometimes it brings me to tears but I always go to bed at night and thank the Lord for the gifts he has given me. All my life I knew that I wanted to be a Mom. I wanted it more than anything and from the moment I held this beautiful child in my arms I knew I would never be the same. She looked up at me with sleepy eyes...blue eyes that caught me and we linked, from that moment forward. Anyway...today is Thanksgiving and I have been so busy but I wanted to recognize her and celebrate the joy she has brought into my life, and her Dad's life...pretty much everyone that knows her is better for it. So on this day of thanksgiving, I am thankful for beautiful, kind, generous Kenzie, all that she is now and all that she will yet become.

Comments