Mondays Mess






Well this morning after rising and going to a meeting at the kids school I came home changed 2 yucky diapers (one for each twin) fed three children breakfast and then began to think about my day...I looked around and thought, WOW...how can it be this big of a mess just after a few days of intermittent cleaning. I just don't understand this. Sunday not a whole lot of cleaning goes on but Saturday it was pretty spick and span since we were planning on putting up Christmas stuff. So basically one day has caused my sometimes (was going to say mostly but seriously, who would believe that, I mean I am the mother of 6 + 1) clean home to look like the above pictures. And this is only three of the rooms so really miniscule in comparison to the whole picture. My day consists of cleaning, cleaning and oh yeah, more cleaning...not to mention laundry...you don't even want to know what my laundry room looks like. I seem to be great with washing clothes. I totally rock (If I do say so myself, and I do) at getting the clothes from floors across the house to the washer and then from there things start to go downhill real fast. I have at least learned to not let huge loads of wet laundry sit in the washer for any extended period of time, so it is my practice to take whatever load is wet in the washer at night when I go to bed and move it to the dryer. This would all be fine if, yes if, I had an empty dryer. But since forethought only goes so far in an ADD brain with 6 kids and hubby it is not empty so I take the clothes out of the dryer and put them in a basket(if a basket is also the laundry room floor) and then the laundry room floor(uh - I mean basket) becomes a handy new dresser! Voila! Laundry magic...no one can say that they don't have clean clothes...they just haven't checked the right dresser...This can be tough for the lone man in the house while he is naked and in need of clean underwear which is in the laundry room dresser whilst he is standing naked in the master bedroom...Oh BTW, did I mention that also in between the master bedroom and the laundry room is perhaps the biggest window in the house? This can be a fun game if you think about it though..I try to provide amusement. No robe, of course so what else to do but a naked mad dash to the laundry room without revealing sacred parts of the anatomy to any of 6 daughters or the entire neighborhood. This window is really a window to the world...but this is good for the spirit, really. Too bad the before mentioned lone man is not a fan of the whole element of danger thing. (hey wait, that isn't what he said when we were alone driving through the mountains) hmmmm.....anyway, I digress. As you have seen I have lots to do today. And instead of doing it I am writing about doing it...this is so effective! Guess I should get going...there is whining coming from the Dora crew and it is coming in this direction...T-T-F-N!

Comments

IamDerby said…
I hear ya about cleaning and I only have two kids. I clean, I go to work, they mess it up, I come home and clean it again. Some days I ignore it though.
Heidi said…
I love to have a clean house. I think it just makes everything else seem doable. My kids are old enough to help. And they do a superb job at helping clean! They do think I am a little "neurotic" sometimes about it, but, hey, gotta be that way about something! LOL

Love the new blog look. Yours looks so much better than mine. You have to teach me how to do it. Love the three columns of stuff! And CUTE pics of the girls.

Your loving and devoted - Sis