The greatest birthday!





I am 32 years old...officially. For the past several years Shad and I have chosen to go out to dinner or whatever on my birthday but this year I decided we would go out on Friday night so we went out with some friends Friday to Famous Daves! YUM! Anyway..it began snowing as we were headed out for dinner. It was just coming down the whole time. By the time we left the restraunt there was about 3 inches of snow on the ground. So as we made our way to the car some snowball throwing began...as I got in the back of the truck with my friend (the men were in the front seat, of course) Shad took a cheap shot and knocked the snow from the top of the truck in on top of me in the truck. Now, one thing some of you may not know about my innocent husband is that this man cannot let something go. If you do something to him even if it is in retaliation for something he did he cannot rest until he has obliterated you. He must have that last action. Anyway..as we shopped at several stores the snowball throwing continued. I believe a snowball followed me into Target at one point. I tried to use my friends as human shields..LOL Anyway..we drove back to our friends house to pick up our car. They have a 19 year old daughter, a 18 year old daughter, and a 14 year old son. My kids love them to death so Geena(19) and Steven(14) were at our house with teh girls while we were out. The kids called their parents while we were headed home to tell them that their car was stuck in our driveway. We all live in the same neighborhood. So we picked up our car and they were following us home. Shad and Carl are being boys and showboating with the cars..spinning them and that. Great fun, I guess...we arrived at our house and the snowball fight accelerated fast. The kids all came out onto the porch and everyone was slinging snowballs. The guys were hiding behind the truck blocking our driveway while we camped out on the porch. It was just so much fun! This went on for a good half hour, with me and Steven both taking snowballs to the face (eye and nose), Kenzie took a snowball to the ear..LOL Anyway..fun, fun. It was like 10PM. So the next morning we awoke to at least a foot of snow on the ground so I went out with the girls and we built a snowman together! Then we hung out at the house. Shad took the girls to get me a b-day gift (Rihanna CD, guilty pleasure hee, hee) Then Shad and I took Trax downtown to shop, bought nothing and came back. We had dinner with the girls and cake. After dinner Shad and I went to the mall. We were in search for a new dress for me since I have nothing for church that fits me. I tried on tons of dresses, shopping is so much more fun as a smaller person! I fit into size 14 dresses!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! I found a dress, bought it and felt so good in it! It was such a fun day and really fun to play with the kids and just enjoy life. This year begins with a healthy me, a fit me! A person I am proud of which is so refreshing. I have come a long way and it has been quite a journey. I know that my weight or how I look on the outside does not define me and that I am valuable whatever the scale says. I talk about my weight a lot but for me it is so not about that. It is about me, my weight was a symptom of a much bigger issue. I just had given up, on me, on life, on self control..everything. And I was ok with it, for years, I didn't expect more. I knew that I had the potential to be so much more but I settled and didn't push myself to accomplish anymore. So anyway, that is what I am celebrating. I have taken charge and expected more and worked hard to reach goals that are important for my life. I am now a person I can be proud of and not because I have lost weight. I need to go make lunch for kids!
PS...I neglected to mention that my beautiful Emma Claire had the great idea to make me breakfast in bed on Saturday morning. She and Paige prepared and delivered it for me. It was so cute....2 pieces of Peanut butter and jelly toast with my favorite jelly, apple(I only eat one on a good day.) 10 grapes (she personally counted out a serving size LOL) and a clementine (they peeled and seperated) plus a tall glass of chocolate milk! The toast was cold but it was the most delicious toast ever (sorry Dad);) They brought it up to me on a cookie sheet. So sweet! Especially for a 7 and 5 year old! The best breakfast ever! I can't believe I forgot to mention it before!

Comments

Unknown said…
Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you had a birthday celebration that you'll never forget. :)