Lost in thought...




So today Paige was in her room and came to me with a little stuffed animal bird. She said this is the bird I got when I got lost at the aqaurium on my birthday. Do you remember that, Mom? Ummm...yeah..I do. And I also remember you getting lost at the beach in Michigan and in our house and in our neighborhood(numerous times0 and...welll you get the idea here. Anyway, I was thinking as time goes by she can just keep getting mementos to remember the times she was lost..LOL I know what you are thinking, as a mom I rock! I know, I agree. How hard is it to keep track of one 2.5 year old or for that matter one 4 year old...well, to that I say, Have you met little smiling Paige? She is quite good at escaping un-noticed. She loved when the twins were little and I was nursing them. This child found any and every way to sneak out of the house while I was busy feeding not one, but two infants. Unfortunately the feedings required all 6 of my hands, oh wait, I don't have 6 hands! Anyway...you get the idea...I was just thinking about all this. Hopefully one day I will look back and laugh. The question is will I be laughing at myself or with myself????

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow! How have you not died of a heart attack. I haven't lost many of my kids. Caysen, sure. He's my wild one. But, he just usually runs down the street to play with a friend and forgets to tell me which one, so I end up searching the neighborhood for him. But, the rest of them have managed to stay near me or I know where they are. This last summer I lost Camden at the Zoo. My heart about stopped. We walked off and he didn't see us and was left alone. :( I've always thought how great it would be if when babies were first born, we slipped a GPS chip into their umbilical cord before tying it off, so we could always keep track of where they are. LOL Smart idea huh? Sounds like Paige could use a chip too!