Mondays Menu




I am going to try a couple new things this week with my blog. First will be Monday's Menu...I have got to start doing Menu's again. I hate to be planned out and will resist being pigeon-holed but if I at least know what we will eat (not when) then I can be a lot more efficient, I think. So, I will post Monday's about the weeks Menu. If you want the recipe for anything leave me a comment and I will email it to you. I have kids that eat fabulously though, they love veggies, I know, it isn't normal , but what can I say! My kids are sooo not picky and I love that. That said, I am kind of a no-nonsense Mom. Meaning, I have never and will never be a short order cook. They eat what I make or they don't eat. No qualms about it, they certainly won't starve themselves. Our rule is that they MUST try everything on their plate. If they like it great, if they don't they may decline after trying it but I will not be preparing something else. Obviously if I know that most kids don't like A, B or C then I don't make it generally. I mean, I don't make things they hate..but I make a lot of new things. We try new things all the time. I do not stick to the same things all the time. There are some core meals that we eat more often but usually at least once-twice a week we are trying a new recipe. So anyway..here it is for this week:




Monday: Corned Beef, New Potatoes, Southern Style Green Beans, Grasshopper Fudge Cake


Tuesday: Grilled Chicken and Mozzarella Ravioli with Creamy 3 cheese Marinara, Salad


Wednesday: Sloppy Joes, Chips, Salad


Thursday: Corn Dog Casserole, Cantalope and Watermelon


Friday: Leftover night or Ham and Broccoli Calzones


Saturday: Taco Salad


Sunday: Easter Brunch, Breakfast Casserole, Sweet Rolls, Fruit Tray, Deviled Eggs


Dinner Snack: Cashew and Grape Chicken Salad Crossaints




We do not eat Corned Beef regularly, but it is St. Patrick's Day and that is our tradition. It is actually yummy so I don't know why we don't eat it more...but oh well. These dinners may or may not be on these days but at least that is a week of dinner ideas.




Also...I did braids in Jillian's hair for the first time today and she was pretty thrilled with them so I thought I would show them off. I also did pigtails in Becca's hair (which was amazing since the poor little thing has no hair) but she would not let me take a picture! Happy St. Patricks Day!

Comments

Unknown said…
Corn Dog casserole? My kids love corn dogs. I need this recipe!! Pretty please!