Thursdays Thankful




1. My heated matress pad - It was a steal. We had wanted one for awhile and after Christmas they went on Clearance at Target. There was only one left one night I was there but I was selling something the next day so I would have the money to pay for it. I hid it..LOL I know, naughty..but oh well. Then I didn't get back to get it for a few more weeks. It stayed in my hiding place the whole time...when I finally went back to get it it had been marked down like two more times and I got it for nothing..LOL We always get so cold before we go to bed and the matress pad heats up and we get into a warm bed! It rocks!

2. My friend Nicole - Just cuz she is who she is. She is a great friend and a great person. We laugh and have fun. Through her I have met other great people too. She is my cheerleader in my business even though she would like me to do hers...She has 4 kids under the age of 6 and to me that is amazing. I have 6 but they are not all that close together. She faces her life with such a great attitude and is a great Mom. Love ya Nic!

3. Dan's Maytag - They got Maytag to cover both parts that need to be replaced on my dryer saving me $350.00. They personally called and wrote emails to try to get them to cover the part they were refusing to cover. I am getting it repaired today after weeks of it being out. It has totally sucked and I am excited to finally get it fixed today.

4. Chewing Gum - Orbit Sweet Mint to be exact. It is the best gum on the planet and has helped me lose all my weight and keep it off. I chew the gum and then I don't eat the crap I shouldn't. When I am done eating my portions I pop a piece in my mouth and it helps qualm whatever phantom hunger I get when I am done but my brain doesn't believe me. Thank Heavenly Father for gum!

5. Music - I LOVE music. All different kinds. I am very versatile. We play music in our house all day. The TV is rarely on. We love it and we are always listening to something. I could name so many different groups but here is a sampling: Nickleback, Dido, Erasure, Depeche Mode, Delerium, Death Cab for Cutie, Postal Service, Peter Murphy, Aztec Camera, Rihanna, Madonna, Timbaland, Muse, Sara Bareilles, Journey, Hubert Kah, OMD, Pet Shop Boys, U2, Elton John, George Michael, Billy Joel, Real Life, INXS, Thompson Twins, Phsycadelic Furs, Justin Timberlake, Killers, Paramore, Linkin Park, Maroon 5, Michael Buble, Nelly Furtado, Rascal Flatts, Martina McBride, Fath Hill, Tim Mcgraw, Shania Twain, Five For Fighting, The Smiths, Queen, Mika....etc....the list goes on and on and on..but those are a few.

I have seen in concert: Goo Goo Dolls, Depeche Mode 3x, U2, Erasure 3x, The Killers, Chris Isaac (seeing him in May), Sara Barielles, INXS(with JD Fortune) would have loved to see it with Michael Hutchence but sadly, he passed before I was able to do so. Michael Bolton..LOL (forgot about that one...I was young) Erasure is a great show...he is a performer pure and simple and one of my favs so he is great. DM is good too. Not at all the same experience as Erasure. Anyway...there are so many more I would love to see but $ are always an issue.


Well, I have a full day today so I best get to it. Happy Spring Break!

Comments

Chels said…
We have pretty much the same music tastes. That's so funny. And Nic is awesome isn't she? She is fun and she is such a good friend, even if she is a "sister-in-law"! hehe I like to give her crap!
Nicole said…
THANKS MEL LOVE YOU TOO!! THANKS FOR BEING MY FRIEND!!
IamDerby said…
Your mattress pad looks awesome. I need one of those!