TTA - Working Girl



My first job was on J-board at the now defunct Jacobson's department store in East Grand Rapids, Michigan. This was something I had wanted to do since I could remember. It was an upscale store and you had to be selected to be on this board and we did modeling and promotional events for the store. Plus we could fill in working on the sales floor. I loved it. I was so thrilled when I got selected to do it. I made friends and had fun doing the fashion shows. Modeling was something I always enjoyed doing. I did it whenever I could and I always hoped to be great at it. I thought I would be a big star! I even did a Miss Teen Grand Rapids pageant......memories....LOL In order to make it big in modeling you have to be willing to take your clothes off...I am not and was never so there went that career. LOL That aside though, lets face it....maybe I am or was a little pretty? Maybe, but I am not gorgeous, breathtaking. Whatever you need for big success so I did some modeling till I graduated and then subsequently got married and had my first child...that was that.

Anyway...some fun old pics, one of me and my friend Anne during one of the fashion shows and one of me and another friend during the pageant.


Along with my little modeling gigs I worked lots of odd jobs; I worked for Olan Mills doing telemarketing, I managed a cart in the mall (it was a name cart) We sold meanings of names framed and matted. It was kinda fun and I picked a name for Kenzie there. Brielle, see how well that worked for me??? That was actually where I met my ex-husband. Right place, right time because now I have gorgeous, amazing Kenzie! I was front desk clerk at The Harley Hotel and Mainstreet Inn. I worked front desk for a radio station and finally ended up at Gantos department store. I was an assistant buyer for jewelry and accessories there. Gantos is out of business in Grand Rapids, at least. I see a pattern there, maybe it is something I did?? Working at Gantos was exciting, not because of the work but because I was planning my wedding to my wondeful, loving husband, Shad!!!! I remember that time with fondness. The work at Gantos was mind numbingly boring so it was good that I had Shad and the excitement of the wedding to look forward to. I missed Kenzie horribly though...my Mom watched her for me. While I was pregnant with Kenzie and as she was a baby I had 4 paper routes. That totally sucked but I had to provide for us and I just didn't want to leave her. I wanted so badly to be a stay-at-home Mom. She went with me everyday to deliver papers...it was hard. But I did it and I was able to be with her everyday so it was worth it. I did that for her first year then I began the temp jobs(Gantos, Front Desk at a card company, Radio Station). Since getting married I have mostly been a stay-at-home Mom. I worked for Unibase for awhile out of my home when Kenzie was still little. And then In November of 2006 I started working for Jetblue doing Resevations out of my home but that didn't last either. I stopped in May 2007. I have a huge job just being MOM! Now Shad and I own our own business and I am doing sales and lots of other things for our business. I have tried to seel Mary Kay and Cabin Creek Candles too....I am sticking to what I do best now, being the Mom. That and making our business grow!


I am potty-training Jillian again. I still have no response at all from Becca. She has absolutely no desire and WILL NOT do it. Jillian does alright and I just try to be happy with that. I have so much laundry to do! I had no dryer for weeks so now that it is repaired I have piles and piles of laundry. It will take me days to get throughit all and then there will be more....and more, and more...It never ends. Our garage door opener broke last week so we had to purchase a new one last week..nice. Shad will be installing that this evening. Fun for him! I have lots to do! One good thing about today is that the cleaning crew will be here! I love that! They do just a little bit but that little bit goes such a long way! I am trading cleaning for website. It is terrific! :D Until it ends...ARGH..that will suck! BYE!

Comments