cake part 2 and twins birthday


Most days I have no idea what keeps me so busy but I am so darn busy! I am finally going to post the twins birthday pictures! The cakes were something else in the end. There was the fun from

Wednesday night with the making of the skirts. That actually turned out alright in the end. Aside from the thoroughly burned cake all over the outside of the bowls all turned out ok with them and we put them in the freezer that night and went to bed. So Thursday morning I had figured out that the cakes were not now tall enough to put the Barbies in. So I woke up that morning and made two more boxes of cake mix making 4 8" layer cakes. I put them in the oven instructed Kenzie how to check to see if they were done and also to switch the cakes oven racks halfway through baking time and left to go to the rec center to work out. I get home and two of the cakes are beautiful but two have been taken out and are clearly not done in the middle. So I tried to finish cooking them which really doesn't work well once they have already been taken out of the oven and cooling but I had no choice but to try it anyway. So the day goes on and on with me desperately trying to get the Barbies into the center of the cakes which of course cracks them and smashes the layers..FUN! But in the end I made frosting and I decorated them and it took me ALL day! But the twins were thrilled with the results! I guess they turned out OK. I have definitely seen better but they were very happy with the cakes which is the important thing, right?
Jillian and Becca are BIG fans of dress up. They love all things princess so we gave them princess dresses and also a variety pack of crowns, boas, play jewelry and light up microphones. They thought they had died and gone to heaven! Jillian put all her stuff on and the looked at her Sister and said, "I need shoes!" What a girl!!!! She then went up and found some dress up shoes she had and was completely happy! It was a very fun day for them. They got a birthday package from Grammy and Popup and they had their little family party with cake and just had a good day. I can't believe they are 3. 3 is my least favorite age generally. They want to be independent but are just not old enough to do what they want to do so it becomes a war of wills between parents and 3 year old. But they grow up so much in this year. They change totally from babies to little girls. It is fun and annoying at the same time! They have been so wonderful to have in our lives. This last year with them has truly been a joy. It was mostly fun and they are just sweet little things. This year they begin preschool, primary and so many other things! Growing up before our eyes! As I was working out on Thursday morning my thoughts traveled back to that Sunday morning 3 years ago when I awoke wondering about their futures, and aching to hold them. Scared about my future with trying to mother them and how they would fare. I worried that they would be ok, I worried that I would be ok, I worried that my other girls would be OK. But mostly I ached to hold my babies in my arms and to feed them and just love them...I look back on it all and I am so thankful for what I have. They have been a blessing, a blessing that not everyone gets to have and I am grateful that it has happened to our family and that we have all survived 3 years! :D Happy Birthday to our precious twin girls, Jillian and Rebecca!

Comments

IamDerby said…
The cakes turned out great! I was right the Barbies are too tall for the bowl... I like the way you improvised I do believe I broke the legs off Carries. LOL. Happy Bday to your girls!
Melony said…
Thanks Michele! Those darn things were hard work!