New favorite past time






I have loved scrapbooking for many years now but since the twins were born the scrapbooking has been so limited. I have rarely been able to do it. In fact, I have not done it at all since October 2006. WOW! That is the longest time I have ever gone without doing it. It is just so hard to do hauling all my stuff, trying to keep my kids out of it, getting it all out just to pack it up and have to move it again etc. If you scrapbook you know what I mean by all this. I have been hearing for several years now that digital scrapbooking is the way to go but I have not really known how to get involved in it and wasn't sure I really wanted to go in that direction. Anyway, all last year I collected the kids art work that they did at school by taking photos of it with my digital camera or scanning it. It was great because then I could throw it away and it doesn't have to be stored in a box somewhere taking up space. And it is always as gorgeous as it was the day they brought it home. It is great. Then for Christmas I began putting a digital scrapbook together with the kids artwork and miscellaneous pictures of them. It was a huge undertaking and I ran into problems at every turn but it was very fun to do. I am embarrassed to say though that I only finished one book and I still owe my parents and my sister and my brother and my Nana their books. (the good thing is that posting this reminds me to go get that book from my inlaws and make copies of the pages so I can do just that, although then there is the fact that I am P.O.C post office challenged so who knows)But anyway..this was an initiation into the joys of digital scrapbooking and how much better it is for me than the old fashioned way. I can work on pages as I get the time and save my progress and come back to them, I don't have anything "out" that my kiddos get into, If I make a mistake I just hit undo or drag and move somewhere else, Alot of the supplies are freebies and if not they are far cheaper than "real stuff" not to mention they are reuseable, and I take all digital photos so they are always there at my disposal. There are countless reasons why I love it but I do. I can play with the photos and do different effects with them no cutting, no trash etc etc...Also you can put them into a high gloss coffee table type book. A ton of companies do them and they are about 40.00 or so which is maybe a little more than what you pay for just the albums to put the regular pages in...anyway..above is a sample of my work so far over the last few days. I know it is not GREAT yet but I am new and having fun with it! :D Mom and Dad and family - I swear you will get the kids artwork book even if it is next Christmas with this years..LOL Please love me for who I am. :D

Comments

Melony said…
If you click on the pages it will blow them up so you can read the journaling and see the pictures better....
Heidi said…
I thought about doing the digital scrapbook thing too, but we kind of use our letterboxing note book as a scrapbook of sorts. I don't really take a lot of "everyday" kind of pictures. I can't wait to see more of your digital work! :)