Fun in the Sun!





It has been really warm here since last week and the twins have really been wanting to get outside. They constantly are getting into water in the house. Now, by saying this, let me take a moment to fully explain the joy that comes with water play in the house. Usually the ideal place for water play is, where else but, the toilet! That would be nasty but kind of ok if it weren't for the other 4 girls in the house who sometimes (oh, who am i kidding) often (and by often I mean always) do their business in the toilets throughout the house and A) leave the doors open to the bathrooms and B) don't flush the toilet!!! EWWWWW! Can you say, GROSS! So yeah, that's that little tidbit of joy which is the most fun really but there is also the bit about the bathroom sinks and if not that then surely the refreshment center on the front of the fridge...anyways, this is loads of fun and hours of enjoyment for me and them. (since I get the joy of cleaning up after them) Well, let's be honest though...usually, I make the girls clean the bathrooms after the toilet play. It's only fair since they NEVER flush the toilets!!! But on to the fun in the sun. We have a water table that sits outside and rarely gets played with..an idea struck me the other day, it was warm, the twins wanted to play outside and I had a water table and a house full of things for me to clean! So I went out, washed it all out and filled it with water. Then I gave Jillian and Becca various household objects to play with and Voila! Happy 3 year olds! I am also happy to report that since the water table has been filled they have not played in any toilet, sink, or refreshment center! Why didn't I think of this forever ago! They are happy for hours out there and they don't even get themselves wet...only the toys and their hands...it is bliss, for me and for them. They looked pretty cute and I snapped some pictures of them. They have to wear their hats if they are outside and they are just so cute in them! :D










Comments