Marriage


Eleven years ago today I started my new life. The life of Mrs. Melony Pulley. I woke up in the arms of my amazing new husband and was so happy. I had gone through a lot in life to get to this day, this man. This man whom I love with everything I have. I love him more today than I did that day, no question. I was reflecting with him yesterday that I can't imagine how people can "fall out of love." 11 years into this there is still no person on the Earth I would rather be with. When something great happens to me he is the one I want to call, when something bad happens he is that first call. No one can make me laugh the way he does. I am rarely angry with him for long because he just has this way, he makes me laugh and whatever was bothering me melts away with ease. He has taught me so much, given me 5 beautiful children and is my partner in raising all 6 of our gorgeous girls.
It takes a special kind of man, I believe, to take on another man's child at 23. And to do it with so much love towards that child that those around us could never believe she was not biologically his. I often say that he fell in love with her and that I came as a bonus :) I believe that. He embraced her and me with open arms and dreams for our lives together. At one time he was recounting to me a conversation he had had with someone and the subject of his daughter came up and that person erroneously referred to her as his step-daughter. He told me how alien the word step-daughter had sounded on this person's lips. Just so weird to him. This child that he adored and loved and nurtured is nothing, if not the daughter of his heart....this relationship with her touches me so much. I wanted so much for her to have a Daddy who would put her first, who would give everything he needed to give on her behalf, who would raise her and love her with the love she deserves. And with him I found that. I thank the Lord above for the gift of him in not only my life but Kenzie's as well because I know we found each other by His direct guidance.
Anyway, I am married to my best friend and every day I love him more and I feel so blessed because of who he is. He is inherently good. He just is. He knows who he is and where he is headed and I love and admire him with everything inside of me.

Happy 11 year anniversary to my eternal flame, Shad.
May 16, 2008

PS. We were married on a 90 degree hot Friday in Salt Lake City and today is that day..hot, hot May 16th on a Friday... :D

Comments