Ice Cream Tales





Ice Cream is a wonder. Kids love it, parents love it, grandparents love it. I think it is the great connector. It is the universal yummy that binds all people together....Ok, so maybe I am pushing it a bit but there is a lot of truth to that. Tell me there isn't. I was able to talk Paige, (and when I say Paige I mean Kenzie, Celia and Emma) to clean her room for the pursuit of Leatherby's Ice Cream. Paige sat down at the table, took one look at the menu and decided she wanted the biggest ice cream creation that was on the menu. And big at Leatherby's is relative to a mouse next to, say, a block of cheese. We tried to tell her she couldn't possibly eat that much (even though her mother didn't make dinner before being the amazing mother that I am, and what is wrong with a little ice cream dinner every once in a while anyway?) She decided on a smaller banana split which is still decidedly larger than she could ever finish alone. Kenzie got a huge strawberry shortcake sundae and gulped every bite and then finished off some of her sisters left overs. Celia and Emma followed suit ordering huge banana splits and they all did pretty well at finishing almost the whole thing! The twins got small dishes of chocolate ice cream and they are even opposites in the way they eat. Jillian was covered in ice cream...hands, arms, face, dress..everything chocolate covered. Becca took her time and enjoyed every bite she was able to get on her spoon, no matter how small! She would get a tiny little glop of ice cream on the spoon and look at me and say, "I did it!, I did it!" Cute! They all enyoyed it so much. I got a small gol n nugget which is yummy and a side of their absolutely deliscious homemade caramel. After I had finsihed my ice cream I still has a little bowl of caramel and offerecd a taste of it to Becca and Jillian. They loved it and afte the taste Becca took her spoon and had the idea that she might now fifish my caramel with er spoon like soup! Although it may have seemed a winning plan, I promptly diffused that notion by finishing the caramel myself! :D Anyway....I guess this goes to show that if you starve your kids long enough they really will eat anything....well, that is if Leatherby's is just anything which brings me back to my original point...Ice Cream
is a wonder! (no pics of Emma...not sure why. She is sitting next to Celia...)

Comments

IamDerby said…
MMMMMM Leatherbys! We have a leatherbys here, although I havent been there in a few years. i love their black and white sundae.