Famous Blogger and Sunday FUN!

I went to church today because that is what I do. Anyway, I am Latter-Day-Saint so in our meetings members of our congregation are asked to speak on different topics and they do this during sacrament meeting which lasts about an hour and 10 minutes. Today our neighbors, 2 houses down spoke. Corrine, our friend spoke first about bringing the spirit into our homes so that they are places our children and others want to be. It was a wonderful talk. Next, Corrine's husband, Greg spoke. The topic he chose was using the internet as a missionary tool. He began speaking and asked the ward members if they had heard of blogs. By a show of hands he asked them to say if they had blogs. I, of course, raised my hand. He then said, well, I know Melony Pulley has a few and began to say some of the things that I had posted on here, such as my hubby when he was little in the sombrero and a few other tidbits. It was kinda funny and he mentioned a few other friends with blogs. But the point is, I guess I have some amount of fame..or maybe infamy depending on how you care to see it. I never know who is reading here....I try to be careful and once again say that I hope I don't offend and if I do..it is most assuredly not intended! I am who I am and I try to be true to myself. I am not sure how entertaining this blog can possibly be to others but if you read and are not bored silly I guess I have entertained at least one other person if nothing else!

And since I am on the subject of church anyway let me take a few moments and paint you a picture. Church with 6 children between the ages of 3 and 12 in tow. Sundays in general can be an eye opening experience. Church, right now, starts at 11 AM. I get up with good intentions on Sunday morning. I want to enjoy the spirit. I put on inspirational music such as Michael McLean or Primary Songs or something and begin the task of getting 6 daughters plus myself, ready for church. Kenzie, blessedly can do her own hair and makeup. She does like me to help her sometimes on Sundays though. So I begin doing hair and trying to get myself ready in the hour we usually end up with to do this even though we have been up for hours. One of the biggest troubles we seem to have is shoes. We can never seem to find them. We can find one, or if it is the twins we may have 2 left shoes of the same style. We then instigate the Sunday morning shoe hunt, you know, like Easter, without the happy children and chocolate bunnies. I will have every child in the house searching for shoes. It is comical. I inevitably end up yelling..that really adds to the spirit in our home. My poor husband is always my biggest fan on Sunday morning. I wish he could do hair..and I know he would try but I would not be happy with the results. The girls....well, they would not either. The girls never want to wear the dresses they should and will literally throw themselves onto the floor screaming. It is wonderful. And then we get to church and my sanity is hanging on by a thread. We sit down and the fun begins. I always want my children to sit quietly and reverently at least through the actual sacrament portion of the meeting.(This is when we take the sacrament bread and water) If they do the quiet thing through that I will let them snack or color or read quietly if they are under 8. In a perfect world this is what we expect to happen. We do not live in a perfect world. Our children are not fans of reverence in general. And you would think that Kenzie would be the best but no....she aggravates everyone and anyone who sits next to her. It drives me bonkers. She will poke, prod, push, hit...anything to get a rise out of whoever happens to be sitting next to her. There is musical chairs with all of the girls...I wanna sit by Mom, I wanna sit by Dad...I wanna hold Jillian..Becca won't sit by me..etc etc. add to this the potty probability and you have a situation just out of some weird circus somewhere. I am sure those that are sitting by us or anywhere in the vicinity wish they were not or at the very least wish they were in say, China. All of this and I can't possibly listen to a word being said during the meeting. I have come to believe that Sacrament meeting is more a practice in obedience right now than actual spiritual fulfillment. At some point I am hoping to regain not only my Sunday morning peace but also my ability to listen to more than just Welcome and Amen. At some point I believe this may occur. I love Sundays!

Not much to do with the Topic but I love this song but it was about Sunday..so it was in my head...

Comments

Heidi said…
We had lost shoes, ties, hair ribbons, you name it...before I decided that I couldn't go to church one more Sunday frustrated. Now we have all that on Saturday night. It is so much better for my mental state on Sunday. I don't know if that would help or hinder you. But, it has helped me maintain a quiet spirit on Sunday.
Melony said…
I usually will give that a good sporting try but you know me...I am soooo not organized. We always forget to get it done and then the kids are in bed!!! I need to make a more conscious try to remember to do that on Saturday!
Shad said…
At least we get showers done Saturday night.. Sunday morning just didn't work for hosin the kids down...
I admire the fact that you guys even make it to church on time. You are doing lots better than some people that don't even have any kids to get ready on Sunday morning! Congrats!!!

--Greg
Melony said…
On time for which meeting exactly??? LOL