Melony and Muffins



I have a little bit of a weakness for, of all things, muffins. I know it is bizarre but I have always loved 'em. I used to make them a lot more than I do now and I was quite a bit larger in shape than I was now..anyway, less muffins=smaller Melony. I see this as a good thing. Well...it isn't really accurate cuz without kickin' my butt at the gym everyday muffin reduction alone would not have worked on my "muffin top" wink wink. But, I digress. My kids remember the muffin days as good times. I have so many recipes for muffins. Banana are the ones I make the most frequently because I use the overripe bananas. I have a yummy recipe...and I have tried a lot! My girls were very excited this morning when I started making banana muffins. I enjoyed them immensely. Is there a better way to start the day than with a warm, tasty cake-like goodness fresh from the oven...it fills the house with yummy smells in the morning and even puts you in a good mood. Maybe muffins can do more than just give you the muffin top? Not that it's not cute...I love mine...but???? I feel so domestic! Muffin making in the morning! Glorious...OK..enough already. Here is the recipe:

Jo Jo's Favorite Banana Muffins (No, I don't have any idea who Jo Jo is, but once you try these you won't care either)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2 cups all-purpose flour (we use whole wheat too, you can't tell the difference)
1 cup sugar
1 cup mashed, ripe banana (about 2-3 depending on size)
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons milk
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions
1. In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
2.In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar, add eggs and mix until smooth. Stir in milk and banana and mix well. (More dishes to clean please)
3. Fold in flour mixture (sounds messy, how do you fold food??)
4.Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds of the way full.
5.Bake for 25-30 minutes.
EAT!
(Because I like to walk on the wild side, I just throw it all in my mixer and see what happens! Directions??? Whatever, throw caution to the wind! You know you want to! It has always been fine, but don't tell Betty Crocker or Martha) Check out that peer pressure above, OMG!

Also, just to clarify, when I type OMG I am referring, of course, to the Oh My GOSH version rather than "that other version." I am not taking the Lords name in vain. Just so everyone is clear..alright, I think that is more than enough jabbering for today...

Comments