Potty Drama...will it never end??

Becca, Becca, Becca Grace,
Why must you arrange your face
with so many tears, so much angst
whenever you sit in the pottying place

Jillian Danielle has run the race
She has finished in first place
Twins should do things at the same pace
But you don't care about your current disgrace

Your family says that you're a baby
I admit our methods are a little shady
We are trying every single plan
just to get you to sit on the "can"

But you don't care, you sit and stare
At your Mom as if to to dare
If Mom gives up and just doesn't care,
will you ever be wearing pretty underwear?

This is a battle to the end
Until it's won we can't be friends
Mom will win, it has to be
When she does, we'll shout with glee

But until then,
Oh Becca Grace, you beautiful child, please finish this race.
Mom grows weary and wants to see
what life can be like diaper free.
So, please oh please
we beg and we plead,
when will you sit down and PEE!!!???

Comments

Connie said…
Wow!! That was a painful video to watch!! I feel your pain and am so happy to be done with that myself! Awesome poem--I had no idea you were a writer!
Melony said…
Oh..thanks Connie. I wish, however that I hadn't felt the need to write it...LOL
Lisa Robertson said…
This Poem is great! I enjoyed reading your work. Thanks for sharing.

Smiles,
I laughed and than I had to share with Dad who laughed also! I must say that he appeared in the kitchen awfully fast when he heard the screaming! He could not figure out what would be making such a noise. What to his surprise it was his 3 year old granddaughter, being tortured to potty on the toilet!
MOM