Wow...long time no post





Did you think I had died? Sorry about the rather long absence. The girls got out of school and things just got crazy. I have been working quite a bit on our blossoming business and just being a Mom and all that entails. So I have to catch up quite a bit today.

First, on the 4th of July the girls and I made cute skirts together out of old jeans and it was very fun. The girls loved it. They always get holes in the knees of their jeans and there was an idea in Family Fun magazine of what to do with them. The skirts turned out very cute and they were supposed to be no-sew but I do believe that we will have to get out the sewing machine anyway to fix some gaping. You can see that in the back of Celia's skirt. Paige didn't really have any jeans we could use but when she does I think we have a new tradition. I don't think we will hem them because it is kinda stylish now to have the frayed bottom. So we spent hours doing that. Celia, Emma and I.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh-GZnP8GqsNCG8VCnk_mILmN2j7o5N1hWXSL4ejWx92-I_oAFvksg9QMXqUSIWPmmX1eDLBEUpjQ9CDBDGKMFn_NelTeGZrSaV2Y3cUjdgndcRWG9wKQrEn9XtsjpX4Hc8xxo7gAcMAA0/s320/PICT0027.JPG

Kenzie spent the whole day on the 4th with our friends. They own a cleaning business and were doing parades and she walked in 2 and shopped and then watched fireworks with them. She had a very fun day. She is friends with their 19 year old daughter and 14 year old son. I know that the 19 year old sounds weird but she is so good to Kenzie. She had a great day and so did the other girls. And for the record, Kenzie is not a skirt girl anyway. She does not like dresses or skirts so it was better that she didn't have to be here for that! We went to fireworks that night too and the girls enjoyed that a lot. We had a fun day.

So, on to a new subject. When Kenzie turned 1 my Dad was bound and determined that she needed to have a hobby horse for her birthday. He had one as a child and I guess it is a very pleasant memory for him. We went to quite a few stores in search of the hobby horse. We couldn't find one and my Dad was sad about it but we did find this plastic horse that was smaller and kinda a rocker of sorts. It was the next best thing to the real thing so he settled for that. We brought it with us when we moved to Utah and it has stayed at my in-laws through the years. Each of my children have enjoyed the heck out of it every time we go over there. I think I must have pictures of all of them on it at one point. I even have pictures of Kenzie kissing it...she was too cute! I got pictures of Becca riding it on the 4th and she looks a lot like Kenzie. She is the one that looks the most like Kenzie of all our girls. Anyway...here is one of the Horse pictures of adorable Becca. Jillian would not ride it, she was too busy being afraid of my in-laws crazy poodle. He is a puppy and he is sooo hyper she would run, he would chase, she would freak out. He would chase more...you know the drill. LOLAnd for good measure a little picture of Paige on the 4th as well. She had fun playing and doing her thing too. And that nice view in the background of my husbands "assets" :D I just was too lazy for cropping today...so much to catch up on! Paige has been our challenge for quite some time and I think we are finally making some good progress with her! She has really been doing well over the last few weeks. We are seeing a counselor with her as well. I was just at my wits end with her and was at a loss for what to do and how to proceed with her. It wasn't anything major but she just refuses to follow rules, to have boundaries and I had tried everything. Nothing seemed to work to get her to see that she needed to behave. What we have been doing is working nicely though. She is really such a sweet little girl. I feel so guilty about her because I feel my fault in the way that she behaves. I think she got shafted being the child before the hurricane we fondly call Jillian and Becca. The past is in the past though and we are striving to fix that. I feel good about that. Her smile should be able to get us through any storm. :)

One last photo and it is of Jillian. She absolutely loved the sparklers on the 4th. She just kept asking for more and more. This was kind of a fun photo. It isn't the clearest but I think it is kinda cute! I took it with my cell phone so it wasn't like I could do much to make it any better...oh well..it shows the complete and utter joy that she had with the sparklers!

Comments