Donovan Frankenreiter





Today 101.9 The End put on a free show at Sugarhouse Park. The band playing was Donovan Frankenreiter, a Jack Johnson type act. It wasn't too hot today although there was a humidity almost worthy of my childhood home in Michigan...almost but not quite. We Utahans are not meant to deal with humidity..LOL Anyway since it was free and at a park I thought...well, why not. I have tried to do something fun with the kids every week to try to make up for the past three really sucky summers they have been treated to, due to 2 little troublemakers that will remain unnamed. I headed out to the park with all the girls and proceeds to park on the opposite side of the park. Sugarhouse is a HUGE park but the girls and I began walking to try to find the show. By the time we got there our nerves were a little frazzled and we were dripping with sweat, which is wonderful. Who doesn't love that? So we spread out the blanket, the show was already in progress and had a very good turnout. Our friend Parker, the DJ, came and chatted with us for awhile and said hello to the girls which made them feel important :) Then we listened to the show which was great and very enjoyable. The girls soon headed to the playground and the show ended. I decided to leave the girls and go myself back to the other side of the park to get the car. I was not looking forward to the humid walk back to the car and luckily Parker took pity on me and offered me a ride to the car. I took Celia and we grabbed the car..all in all a fun day at the park. Picnic, Music and Friends and Playground!

Comments