Jogging with a little middle school added in...


Above is my new arch enemy at the gym. A few weeks ago I walked in and found these upstairs. I immediately thought they were stairmasters and therefore promptly discounted them(I just don't do stairmasters) So I got on my elliptical and began to workout. As I was doing that I noticed someone on the new machine and they appeared to be jogging. I was puzzled. After I had finished my time on the elliptical I thought I would try it out. This is possibly the coolest machine invented at least to date, for me. It is a cross between an elliptical and a stairmaster but you can jog on it or stairmaster, basically depending on your stride. And man is it a workout! Having the two herniated discs in my lower back I have been told that I am not to run anymore. I had been jogging occasionally before my back decided to make me pay. I also have bad knees so it is not the greatest for me when I did even before my back. I like to do it though. This thing has something almost like a hydraulic every time your foot comes down that absorbs all the shock and your feet stay planted as you "jog" It is seriously cool and is a hard workout which I like. I love being able to jog with no impact on knees or back. It totally rocks!

Ok..so enough about the machine. Kenzie had her orientation at middle school today and she came home in a happy mood so I considered that a success. That was a good thing. She did inform me though how everyone had new outfits and their hair all cut and dyed etc etc. I was planning to have her wear a new outfit on the first day of school which is Monday. Today was only a half day and not really a school day since it was just orientation. Apparently I completely missed the boat. She went on to say how she has been asking and asking to get her hair done. Can I just say right here that I have 2 inch roots on my color job and no pedicure since May. It is not that I am just not wanting to give her what she wants. We have had a VERY busy summer. And cash has not been flowing freely around here. Hair costs a lot and is not a necessity. Not even for me and I have been dying my hair for something like 8 years now. So, hopefully I can redeem myself Monday and she will be cutely dressed with her hair perfectly coiffed and all that goes along with that. I can already tell I am going to love her time in Middle School, which my husband lovingly refers to as the deepest pit in He**. Nice. It wasn't great, I remember that but I had some good friends during middle school and didn't think it was He**. Would I ever want to go back and do it again..absolutely NOT. But we survived which is good and also leads me to believe that she will survive as well.

Comments