Locker Drama but in fashion?


Apparently the lockers were the cause of the majority of stress to these poor 7th graders yesterday. They had Back to School night last night and that was Kenzie and I going through her whole schedule in much smaller increments. Shad stayed at home with the other girls. In a few of the classes we were told that the kids were in tears and having drama because they could not get into their lockers. Kenzie had trouble with hers too but I doubt she cried...that's not the way she rolls. So after we were done with her schedule we went and checked out her locker and I showed her how to open it. She picked it right up watching me and then did it like 5 times herself and was NOT amused that I was taking her picture, which I know, is hard to tell from the above photo..

I have to say that it IS clearly all about how you look at this school. Everyone dressed to the teeth and the hair and the makeup and the accessories. It was a little much for me. I couldn't believe the way the girls were dressed. Tiny, tight, micro shorts and spaghetti strap style tank tops with knee highs! These girls are 12 maybe 13. I really was flabbergasted and I am not overly prudish as far as dressing my girl goes. I want them to be decent and modest but they can certainly do that in fashion. It is hard to think about leaving my Kenzie (who is barely shorter than me, I am 5' 10") in this school with 9th graders, especially when there is clearly so much more going on than learning. I hope she survives. She is cheerful about it so that is at least a good omen. I hope. Please don't let her grow up too fast!

Comments

So, our girl continues with the new experiences and the nothing gets to me! She is beautiful and so sweet!
Thanks for sharing the day with me!!!