Memories and magazines


I picked up the latest issue of People magazine today. I know, I shouldn't have but I wanted to see pictures of the Jolie-Pitt Family. Curiosity..you know. When Mark Anthony and Jennifer Lopez had their twins I picked up that issue as well and I was utterly sickened by it. There was Jennifer Lopez dressed in formal dresses and high heels. She was flawless as was he. It was surreal to me and it really made me feel less since I looked nowhere near that even months following our twins birth. Jennifer looked painted she was so beautiful and radiant. They focused on all the beautiful "things" that these babies and their parents had including two-full time nannies. I expected more of the same from the Jolie-Pitt camp but I was pleasantly surprised when I opened this issue and found beautiful pictures of a family in love with their new additions. Angelina looked beautiful and radiant in a nightgown. Not formal dresses and heels. She appeared natural with little makeup and even looked a little tired (although it did not detract from her beauty) She looked, simply, in love with her family and her two new blessings. Brad did as well. They looked so natural...not perfectly polished but truly beautiful...more beautiful than the former twin issue I looked at. I was so happy to see this. I wish so much that Brad would marry the Mother of his children and show some commitment as an example of what is important to him to his children. That is the only thing I wish was very different but I guess to each their own. They received a huge amount of money for these photos but I was so thrilled to find that they plan to donate the money to charity. Anyway...in looking at the photos it reminded me of when our twins were very small and I went looking at old pictures. I found the above photo of our girls and my 2 nephews and 1 of my nieces. The reason I posted it is because Kenzie is in the middle and the look in her eyes just made me laugh..it was so appropriate, as if she knew all the chaos to come and was grinning and bearing it. Her eyes are so beautiful and she has a peace about her. I posted it because of that. It is a reminder to me of how young she still was when they were born and how much she has grown into such a great young woman. She has been wonderful and has taken everything in stride. Also below a picture of the twins that I think is beautiful. I just wanted to share it because they are so BIG now I hardly remember this time anymore!

Also...thinking of all this and seeing the twins so tiny again brought me back to the NICU and all that happened there. Memories of standing in an Emergency Room almost fading into the wall as my husband held and tried to comfort me as they tried to revive my beautiful newborn daughter, Jillian. The song you see above was on a Lenny Kravitz album, Baptism, that came out while the twins were in the NICU at Saint Marks. (It is a great album)Shad's Aunt Barbara died just days after their birth and I kinda felt as if she might be watching over them too like a guardian angel. I listened to it as we drove as fast as we could to Primary Children's Medical Center as Jillian was life-flighted. I listened and cried, and prayed. It is a beautiful song...I thought I would share it and am grateful for happier times and health for all of my beautiful little daughters....

Comments

IamDerby said…
They were so pretty, well they still are! Do you have big (or small) plans for Emma's bday? I always think of her because she and Carrie were born on the same day.
Melony said…
I always think of Carrie and Gavin and Paige. It is funny that I am still in touch with both of you! We are having a fashion photo shoot birthday party! 8 is big in our religion to and she will be baptized. She is very excited about that too! What about Carrie?