Music Memories

As I was putting together my summer songs list the other day I listened to the songs as I remembered them. Music is such a force in my life and my husband as well. Since we love it so much all our children do too. It is so much more than just listening. Sometimes you can "feel" it. I admit that I sing in the shower, I sing along to the radio in the car (not caring who sees me) I find myself singing to myself walking around stores...Yesterday I was checking out at Target and didn't even realize I was quietly singing the Pink song posted above(although I must admit this was most certainly not the first time). The man who was helping us said to me, "I just love when people are singing when they get up here." I looked at him puzzled. I was just doing it without thinking but he than said..it just tells me that they are happy. You are happy. Anyone who can sing unabashedly and without thinking is a happy person. Yes, I am a happy person. I have been getting all caught up recently in financial stresses and it has been dragging me down. But it made me think..I do have a wonderful life. I have healthy, beautiful children. I have a husband I am madly in love with after 11+ years of marriage and those previously mentioned children. He is a man I still respect and he loves and cherishes me and tells me often how "hot" he still thinks I am. lol Ok, maybe he is wrong but at least his lies are convincing! I have good friends, live in a great neighborhood and I do have a lot to feel happy about. It is easy to focus on the negative and although I am generally a positive person even I fall victim to the poor me theme at times. Back to music though, It has helped me through some of the hardest times in my life. It makes a kick-butt workout somehow seem less kick-butt. It gives me the opportunity to dance around my house with my girls and smile and laugh. Through the years I have so many memories that are tied to certain songs or albums and I thought it might be fun to share some of them. They are memories that for some reason stay with me. Music can really take you back! I will do this now and again on my blog. This is my journal so I thought it would be good to write these things down.

A vivid memory I have is of the song Borderline, by Madonna. I remember my Mom telling us that we were going to go swimming at a cool new lake that they had made out of a gravel pit. We called it The Gravel Pit and I know we went there quite a few times in my childhood but I can see the car pulling in under a tree. I see it so vividly in my mind. We were singing along to Borderline. I even remember that my Mom made me get out of the lake for awhile because my lips were blue. I heard that a lot..I had no fat on me so I got pretty cold swimming. But I have always loved the water and that may be one of the reason's this memory is so vivid. It was a fun family time. Wish I could go back to the no fat me...he he he that would be nice.

Comments