On my own

I am on my own this week since Shad is in New York again. He will not be home until late Thursday night so I will probably post a lot. I have way too much time to think. My girls crack me up. They listen to the radio religiously now during The Parker Show. I was up here and had Muse on just listening from our media server. Emma came up here from her beloved computer time to tell me, "Mom, Parker is on." Really, Emma. I was not aware @@(sarcastically, if you weren't sure :P). I am listening to something else and am great, but thank you. She then rolled her eyes and stomped off saying, whatever. This brings me to a realization I had this morning. I was mowing the lawn early today and of course what else do you have to do but think when you mow, right. I was thinking about how funny the girls have been lately. I am and have never really been one to get overly excited about celebrities. I mean, I have always just thought they are people just like me. They have a cool job but don't need to be swarmed every time they go out. I am not a person who would ask for autographs and wait in line and mob...that is just not who I am. I will meet them if they are around and there is no line but it would not be the end of my world if I didn't. I am not going to go out of my way or anything unless I want to.

So...I am mowing my lawn and I am thinking about the girls and this whole thing with Parker. I feel bad for the guy. They have taken a liking to him because he is sweet to them and makes them feel important. That is who he is..it is a personality type well matched to his line of work. He is nice, plain and simple. And they love that they can hear him talk on the radio every day. They are somewhat starstruck, due to his local celebrity. I know in time it will pass but feel he is now our friend. Maybe he is. I don't know. Shad and I like him but I am sure there are a lot of others out there that he meets and they feel the same. I am just so concerned about bugging him, making a nuisance out of us. You know? I was mowing, thinking...Oh MY GOSH! I am a groupie!!! My children have caused me to finally become a groupie!! ICK! With the girls constantly asking me stuff and what not I have emailed him a few times. I have always called the station trying to comment on things or win stuff. Cuz...sometimes that is fun but... I am examining everything I have done now, going was that a bit much? Oh well...Emma is having her birthday on Friday and is so excited about it. She is having a super fun birthday party Saturday and is bugged to death that when I took Paige, Celia and Kenzie to the station she did not get to go. Last Friday I had to go down there and pick up tickets and then Friday (since she listens to the radio all the time @@) she knows that he will say happy birthday to her on the radio and that she gets a free ice cream cookie thing. She thinks she will get it that day and I figure, why not. If not just to avoid her asking me when we will go get it every other minute. I took all of the girls with me last week to get the tickets and Emma was just sure that she HAD to come in with me. I told her this was not fun. I would NOT even be going anywhere near the studio. We would just be in the lobby. The entire time we were there (which, making her even more annoying, was longer than we had hoped)she kept saying...Parker is just down the hall, we can just go in and say hi. I tried to explain that he was busy and all that he was doing and just that we shouldn't bug him anymore than we already had, he was working just like Dad does. We would have totally gone to the free concert at the park whether we had ever met Parker or not. Being at the remote where we initially made his acquaintance was something we rarely do. It has to be prizes we have some good interest in or something. In this case it was free dinner for a family of 8 and the hope of free things and they were just minutes from our house. ;) All of those factors helped exceedingly. LOL After Paige went to the station the first time she came home and told everyone, "Parker said we can go back whenever we want to." Ummmm..Yeah, he said that. People say things. At the time they may mean them but not literally, not always. Intentions are good, that is what matters. I told Emma that we can go back but that it will not happen for some time. She is certain that since we will be picking up her ice cream certificate on her b-day and since it is her birthday(because this is the most important day on earth to every person, right?) she will get to go back to the studio on that day. I said, No. I am mean. She said, ask. I said, No. She told me that she knows he will say yes...but I have to ask him. This, while rolling her eyes and whining incessantly. Again, I say No. I know...what a horrible mean mother who doesn't want to be a groupie!!! The person or people that when they leave the room. The other people in the room look at each other and think, that is just so sad..those people are starved for attention...SO not me! I am sticking with the mean Mom routine. It seems to work for me. At least it has for years...I am betting this trend will continue for the foreseeable future. You don't change what works. I am so excited that they will be going back to school on Monday. It is time. They need some distraction, a little change it up, if you will. I need them to have something else to do other than bug me and tell me how bored they are. Happiness will again reign in the Pulley household. We will again fall into obscurity..which is fine with me. Well, at least in regard to the above mentioned.

In business, some notoriety would be pleasurable and welcome. Oh..why can't I have awesome idea's that will make me rich? I hate when other people have them and then can do with them as they will. My head goes wild with my own ideas...ways to improve, ways to make it work best, ways to make money. For now, we wait. We wait for someone else to decide what they want to do and who with and when..all of the above. In my business as a sales person that is my life. I hate waiting for other people to act. I know this would be good for them and I have only to convince them of this which sounds easy, right? Think again. I am always in a holding pattern because our priorities are always different. Like my Children's books...same story. I have no control over it. Other people make all the decisions...whether they will read them, whether they will present them. Who they will present them to..etc etc. It will probably take years for them to ever get published, if at all. I have the time. In the meantime I have 2 sales meetings tomorrow and I hope, pray, wish. All of the above...that something will work out. My eldest daughter left for Girls Camp this morning and will not return until Friday. I have no babysitter and no husband. I am really roughin' it here, seriously!

Wow...so much babbling. Where is my husband when I need him? I usually just babble to him. And looking at this now, I am thinking....poor him! :) Ok...I am going through Pink withdrawals....I did not hear the stupid song that plays in my head like a soundtrack at all today. It seemed on the weekend I was in the car at the top of so many hours I kept hearing it, and hearing it. At first, we did not like it too much. But now, I know all the words and think it is kind of a fun song...sometimes things grow on you. So, I am going to post this...listen to the song before re-placing it with O.A.R. because they are really good and worth listening to! Nighty=night. Sorry for the incessant babbling. If it was whining I promise it would have been worse...I know. I have a whiner.

Comments