Paige and Parker


We listen to a few different radio stations on a regular basis but largely to 101.9 The End KENZ. It is an alternative station with a focus on 80's music. So we get new and old that we enjoy there. Recently Shad and I were on our way home from some Saturday Errands and they were doing a remote within minutes of our home and giving away free stuff and also grilling hot dogs and brats. We were like, free lunch??? We are so going. So we picked up the girls and headed over to the remote. It was for a home builder in a model home. The afternoon show host was there. His name is Parker. We really like his show but we had not met him before this. We pulled up and there were only a few people there. Now imagine a DJ from New York...he has only been in Utah just over a year watching the doors open on a black van and 8 people pile out. It was comical. He looked at each and every girl took one look at Shad and said...you poor, poor sap. He commented on how beautiful the girls were..which was really sweet of him and we chatted for awhile. Then the girls went in the house to check it out. Paige was enthralled with him from the beginning. I think it is because he paid special attention to her. He is a father to 5 and 3 year old girls as well so he knows how to do that I am sure. Anyway, he took Paige up with him and let her show him around the house. He was patient with her and interested in what she had to say and it really had an impact on her. At this point she didn't really get who he was but we tried to tell her that he was the guy we listen to on the radio. He was great about the other girls too listening to what they had to say and walking around the house. So...anyway. We got in the car and headed home. The following Monday Paige and I and the twins got in the car to pick up the older girls from school. This is when we pretty much always listen to Parker..he is on from 3-7. So he comes on talking and Paige lights up in the back seat...OH MY GOSH!!!! That is Parker!!!! I LOVE PARKER..I really love him. We were dying laughing. The whole time we listened she just kept going on and on about Parker. This happened everyday for a while until it changed the next week to Parker is Precious! I emailed him once to tell him about her little crush and he responded. Then when she changed to Parker is Precious I emailed him again to tell him. In the meantime I have gotten through to the station for various things you call in for, oddly. Because in the past I could never get through to this station. Weird. Anyway..I even got on the air twice in one day. They were reviewing an album and I called in, then remembered the name of an artist I was trying to remember during the first call. I got through and told them. So Parker and I have talked and he knows who I am when I call in. One of the times I called we chatted about Paige for a sec and he said..you know what you should totally bring her in to the station. Anytime he said..just bring her in. I decided just cuz it worked for our schedule that day and Paige had been really good last week that I would take her in on Friday. Texted him to see if that was Ok and he gave us the address and said come on down... When we got there they were on the air but we were allowed in the studio while they were on. After he finished what he was doing he bent down and said, come here Paige...and well, Paige decided to pull the shy card. She walked up with my assistance and he wanted her to say Hi...she did with some prodding from myself and Parker. Then he asked her how old she was and she said 5. Sadly, the shyness then overcame her and I talked with them on the air for a few as Parker talked about all those girls...It was kinda fun for us. Kenzie and Celia went along. They even got a yummy ice cream cookie sandwich out of the deal. These ice cream cookie sandwiches, they said, were to die for (I did not partake) We stayed there for about an hour...the girls were fascinated with just watching them on the air and how it works. I have to say it was pretty interesting to me as well. I have never seen that. Parker was very kind and even made Kenzie think she may get some new babysitting deals out of it. He told Paige that his daughters would probably just love to play with her and that she he should have her come play...Of course now she believes that that will be yesterday and that it WILL happen. It is all she has talked about since we came home. I am going to go play with Parkers daughters today...My quandary is, how do you explain to a 5-year old with a silly little crush that sometimes people say things and they just don't work out? I did tell her but she is telling me that I don't know what I am saying..Of course this will happen. It is funny to me how children just believe so blindly in whatever you tell them. If you say it, it is true. As adults we get so cynical that it is so refreshing sometimes to see things through a child's eyes, with complete,blind, belief.

It was a fun day and memorable for the girls..Now, Emma is chapped that she did not get to go and Paige told everyone that Parker said we could go back anytime we want. Emma wants to go..we may go back at some point but I don't want to make a nuisance of ourselves so it will be a while....Paige's first crush...kinda cute. It was so nice of Parker to take interest in her and we are grateful. Also our thanks to Dallon, Sydney and the nice guy who walked us out for putting up with us being there. Dallon is Parkers Co-host and we enjoy listening to him too...

I have to apologize in advance that the photos are not the best quality due to the fact that I am a blonde scatterbrain who forgot the camera. I used my cell-phone which doesn't take that great of pictures. I don't know why...cell phones are for pictures, right?? What else would you do with them?? ;) Click Here to See a little slide show of the Pictures we took with Parker.

Comments

Paige, two seconds of attention and you have her in your pocket. She will be your friend forever.
She certainly looks thrilled with her older friend!
I must say the cookies/ice cream look yummy!!!
Cell phone pictures truely captured the moments.
Too bad Paige was shy this was her time to speak out!
MOM
Melony said…
You would think she would take it...being that she is Paige..lol