Vanity Kills

Several of my neighbors go to the same gym that I do and several are bike enthusiasts. I have never been one for bikes since having children because, well, if you are a woman who has had children and has then been on a bike I need not explain. For those that are clueless Bikes kill your bones in the most delicate area and it is sooo hard to sit on a bike with any measure of comfort. Maybe this is just me but it never bothered me pre-child. I have heard all the buzz about spinning classes and thought, there is absolutely no way I could do it.
Spinning by definition is: What is it? Spinning is an aerobic exercise that takes place on a specially designed stationary bicycle called (obviously enough) a spinning bike. As you pedal, motivating music plays and the instructor talks you through a visualization of an outdoor cycling workout: "You're going up a long hill now, you can't see the top yet.รข€¦" During the class you vary your pace -- sometimes pedaling as fast as you can, other times cranking up the tension and pedaling slowly from a standing position. This helps you to focus inwardly and work on your mind as well as your body.
It just sounded too hard but my neighbors have been telling me I have to try it . I got to the gym just as the instructor was checking her child into the kids club and thought..well, why not. WOW. That is all I can say...WOW. I am in serious physical pain today and that does not bode well for tomorrow. It was a 60 minute class and I did actually enjoy it but man it was a challenge. We did mostly sets of one legged pedaling and it was tough. I lived and I may try it again. They said you have to do it three times before you can tell if you will like it or not so I may do that. I just don't know how to combat the pain. I am seriously hoping that you just get used to it?? I was so proud of myself that I made it through...I am in really good physical shape and have worked so hard to get here that this was atta boy, if you will. I am sore now and mostly want death to come...would actually prefer it, long and slow..but I did it! LOL Kidding..I don't want death, maybe a small hibernation though...just so I don't have to feel the pain.


Comments