I'll reach my hands into the pork and beans....



Why, you may ask, are my children elbow deep in a huge bucket of pork and beans? Well, to that I will have to say that when we left the circus The girls heard that Parker was on remote relatively close to downtown and they immediately were like...Let's go see him! Let's go tell him thanks and how cool the circus was! Shad and I thought them saying thanks wasn't such a bad idea especially with it being so fresh on their minds. So we proceeded to the remote where they had a contest going where they had a huge bucket of pork and beans and in that bucket they had dumped 50 blue and white poker chips and 10 red ones. You were supposed to reach your hand in there and pull out a red chip! If you did you won a pair of tickets to the upcoming Weezer show on October 7. I have already won 2 tickets to that show last week but I had the quandary of who to take. Both Shad and Kenzie really wanted to go so Kenzie was hoping she could get another pair. Anyway...by the time we got there the Weezer tix were all gone but they still had Yellowcard, One Republic/Augustana and Gavin Degraw. The Gavin Degraw they said they would just give away and our former teenage babysitter who was so wonderful to us when the twins were in the NICU and all their first year and on had desperately wanted to go to that one so I got those tickets for her. Then Paige, Emma and Celia tried to get a chip out of the bucket and none got a red. Kenzie, after much convincing though decided to give it a go..she really wanted to go see one of the other shows. So she stuck her hand in there (no pictures!) and she pulled a red chip! She chose One Republic/Augustana mostly because the show was closer. Yellowcard was in Logan. But anyway..the following morning their hands still reaked of pork and beans!!! LOL

Comments

All I can say if that I don't really think I would ever reach my hand into pork and beans for poker chips!
Now if it were million dollar bils, let me at the bucket!
By the way did they get the yuck on them also?
Melony said…
nope..only on their arms...shockingly.