I wonder if naughtiness ever ends...





# 1) They took off their clothes and are sporting lovely Tinkerbelle panties.
# 2) They have been into chocolate so they have chocolate all over their mouths.
# 3)They have been into stamps and I don't even know A) where they got them and b) where the stamps are now, after their extreme stamp makeover
# 4) Clearly I am a bad Mother who never watches them or is at best disinterested in their hygiene. They look unkempt...ragamuffin-ish even.

I do really like the fact that at least Jillian is showing some modesty with the Barbie Island Princess blanket...only Becca appears to have inherited my exhibitionist ways...but truly, Becca generally freaks out without clothes on..she always wants to be dressed.

They are 3. Thank the good Lord above that their will be no more after them because I truly could not keep track of them and all their antics, like having 1 gallon ice cream buckets in their closet....or apples...or grapes, and care for a newborn baby too. It makes me tired just thinking about it. (By the way, in case you were wondering there is strawberry ice cream dried dripping down the walls of their closet and I am left trying to find the time to clean it up, the know how, and the patience.) It is funny, I always worried that I would never feel that "Done" feeling that I have always heard everyone talking about. I love newborn babies. I love nursing them and cuddling them and the way the smell and just all of it. My head knew I could only do so many but I always worried my heart would not agree and I would have to decided to be done and just always feel that baby hunger that yearning. I think the twins were the Lords way of zipping that up. Also I have to say that it was HIGHLY effective. I did nurse the twins for an entire year and I have to say in retrospect, I did not love it. I didn't really cherish it...I am happy I did it and it had its moments but mostly looking back it kinda sucked. It was not portable which was what I loved most about that form of feeding. It was hard to maneuver and they would not eat food! The one kids I really wanted to get on solids absolutely refused...I had to force them in the end. OH well....I loved that part of motherhood...really I did. I am sooo not mourning it's passing. I find myself excited about the new phase of motherhood I am approaching. I am so glad to be completely totally baby hunger free and more than OK with the "done" part!

Oh - and I love that on top of the complete and utter lack of hygiene, their lovely makeup and chocolate coated mouths they also have runny noses!!! Does it get any better than this, really???

Comments

You won't believe it but there will come a time and you will miss all the excitment and the thrill of having little ones! I know that having them and working like a slave day in and day out is not something that you think will ever stop but it does!

Does it get better than this? No, but it does get different!
Greg Miller said…
It's amazing how much stuff kids can get into when your back is turned for just a few minutes.

I have to tell you about a friend of my mom that was watching her kids but was very tired and kept falling a sleep. She woke up to find the kids running through the sprinkler IN THE HOUSE! They said it was cold outside so they dragged the hose and sprinkler into the kitchen.

After cleaning that up she went into her bedroom and noticed that one of the younger kids had colored (with permanent marker) on her temple bedspread that her grandmother hand embroidered. Basically ruined.

Well you think she would have learned from that. Nope! She nodded off again a little later and woke up thinking it was snowing in the house. The kids had unzipped one ore more bean bag chairs and were throwing all the little white Styrofoam balls up into the air. The room and everything in it was covered in them.

Now that's funny!!!