The Big Apple...



Shad left last Sunday night for his final business trip to NYC on behalf of Jetblue Airways. We had wished I could go out with him but we have our girls and they are in school and it just didn't seem feasible. We had often wished we could be in NY just the two of us. It was fun to take Kenzie for her 12th birthday but we really wanted to do it as a couple too. Anyway, on Wednesday Shad came into possession of some tickets to Wicked which I have been wanting to see for years. I just knew I had to get out there. I spent all that day trying to find people to help watch the girls so I could leave Wednesday night on the red eye and go to Wicked with him and then fly home with him on Friday. I was blessed because I was able to find people to stay with the girls. Our friend Geena slept over on Wednesday night and then my wonderful friend Cindy watched the twins and Paige during the day Thursday. Then our former babysitter(former because she used to sit for us all the time but Kenzie does it most of the time lately...she does always come through in a pinch for us though)Raygan spent the evening with the girls till Friday morning when our old babysitter from Taylorsville, Tiffany, came and watched the girls until the evening when Kenzie had a friend over and we got home. I was just so grateful to everyone who helped. There were friends who drove kids from and to school and all those that stayed with them.

It was so fun to spend the time with my husband in NY. In fact, Thursday he went to work and I slept, since I had been up all night on the flight. I woke up and walked all over Manhattan by myself until Shad got done with work for the day and we shopped and just enjoyed New York before finally eating out and going to see Wicked. We got to be on the 8th row and it was just an amazing show. We both loved it. The next day we walked around NY and just enjoyed the "spirit of New York" and the time together before we flew home that night. It was a great trip and I am so glad to have been able to go.

Upon arriving home we found that we had an interesting unexpected package addressed to Shad. We were puzzled as to what it was and we opened it up and found a gift basket from Omniture welcoming Shad to their company! How cool is that?? We were surprised and just thought that is was cool. This change, I think, is going to be a great change in so many ways!

Comments

Nikki said…
You're trip sounds great! I loved Wicked too! Omniture is pretty amazing. Sunnys husband loves it there.
So, exactly what did the gift box have to offer. Hoepfully not just how great the company is but things of real value, chocolate!
Melony said…
yeah..it had all kinds of treats. A chocolate truffle bar, a chocolate toffee bar, chips and salsa, Lehi Roller Mills pancake mix and raspberry syrup, a cool photographic book about Utah, salt water taffy...all products from companies right here in Utah. It was yummy!