Old friends

On Christmas Eve, Shad and I went out to lunch with an old friend of mine who I haven't really connected with in over 11 years. It was so fun to meet his wife, Virginia and their adorable son, Parker. James was one of my best friends in high school and we spent hours and hours just talking. He and I have been through a lot since then but it looks as if we are both happy and have great families. We both have come so far since HS. It was good to know that we could connect like we always had. It is funny because we did spend so much time together back then but we were never anything more than friends and I really love that. He was a great friend to me and I really appreciated him listening to all the complaining about all the different guys that came and went though my life during our friendship. Lucky him! He was my date to the Junior Prom and we had a blast. LOL Virginia is great too and I was really happy to get the opportunity to meet her. My girls were completely enthralled with their little boy, Parker. I have to say that he is pretty darn cute so I could totally relate. I am glad that we are both in good places in life and happy that we got the chance to catch up!

Anyway...time goes by so fast. It is hard to believe that I have been married to Shad for almost 12 years! I feel so grateful for him in my life and am grateful that he GETS to listen to all the stuff going on in my life...I know he feels blessed by that ;)

Comments

IamDerby said…
Sounds like a fun time melony.