Pajama Drama

You would think that Pajamas would not be cause for unrest. They are pretty clear cut, right? Well, NOT in the Pulley House! Last evening Becca came up about the time that I was going to put them in their jammies. She looked at me and said, "Mom....I like pink." I replied, Oh OK. Then I picked up her nightgown which is purple to put on her and you would have easily believed that I was stabbing her or at the very least beating her and I can't say, afte the screaming began, that the thought never crossed my mind. However, I was not doing option A or option B I was simply trying to get her dressed for bed. She wanted to wear Jillian's pink nightgown which apparently had been her objective in informing me early on that she liked pink. But again with me being crazy or just dumb. So the screaming was echoing through the entire house and I told her that maybe Jillian would trade her for the night. She asked Jillian and Jillian said No quite adamently. So the screaming continued. So tonight, instant replay. This time, however, Becca actually has the pink nightgown in her possession when it is time to get ready for bed. Jillian chased after her, while screaming until finally Becca put the pink gown on. Then it was an all out brawl between the two. I finally decided that we would have to take the pink gown off of Becca and give it back to Jillian since her Grammie made it for her and the purple one for Becca. So we stopped one crying in favor of the other one......what a night! Pink or purple? THAT is the question....

Comments

Rebecca has now found her signature color. It just happens to be pink and also Jillian's. That is really a problem when she was assigned purple.
Why, oh why, can't she just get along and not think for herself?
Oh, I know, she is your daughter!!!!
Melony said…
She always thinks for herself, everything is on her time around here. We will do most anything to shut her up. Although lately Jillian has been the screamer!