Family Togetherness...



I hate year round school. I really do. I always have. I also hate "early day." I think it is so ridiculous! I grew up in Michigan and we never had early day but somehow our teachers were always able to make it. Every Friday my Elementary school kids get out at 1:25pm. This makes Kindergarten on Friday a joke, 8:30-10:30 rather than 8:30-11:18. So anyway....the kids go "off track" several times throughout the school year and we get wonderful family togetherness! The first week is usually good. The second week iffy and by the third week I am ready to have them go back. they have been off for 2 1/2 weeks and this is the 3rd. We have been playing lots of games lately. I am trying to be a decent Mom by doing fun stuff with the kids. I like to go to Family Fun magazine for fun ideas. www.familyfun.com In the pictures above we are playing winter Bingo and the girls had a lot of fun with it! I am really ready for them to go back on track though! Does this make me less of a Mom?

Oh and the picture below is a picture of a game that was called Gigglebelly. The girls were suppossed to e laughing hysterically but apparently my girls, kinda unaffected by it! Who knew. But they look kinda cute!

Comments

You are missing one girl in gigglebelly. I am sure that is why they were not so affected.
They do look so happy in the first 2 pictures and you are right they are cute in the 3rd.
IamDerby said…
We do year round too. Not my favorite thing, esp. since I am on traditional. My kids have all of march off.