Committed.

Well today is a milestone of sorts. I know I have mentioned before that I have been doing spinning classes at the gym. I am now alternating between spinning and running 6 miles/hr(on a miracle machine since I can't "run") a day. I have found that I really like the cycling. There has been much discussion among my fellow spinners (lol) about upcoming rides and races and I have to admit my curiosity has been peaked. A few of my friends are running marathons and now with my herniated discs and knee issues running is just not ever going to be in the cards for me. I wanted to do something. I want to be able to say I have done it and just meet a goal, a fitness goal. I want to be proud of myself. SO today I commited to a team for the MS ride in June. It is in Logan. It is 100 miles on Saturday and 75 on Sunday. I think I will pass on Sunday but I am going to give it all I've got for Saturdays ride. I need to buy a road bike now and I am really hoping I can find a good deal on one between now and June. The sooner the better so I can train....so anyways. I may be crazy, well stuff the question, I AM crazy but I am doing it and I am terrified and excited all at the same time! Wish me luck. I have the feeling I'm going to need it!

Comments