Things that make you go hmmm......

So, apparently Dora is growing up. In order for Mattel/Nickelodeon to market her to girls ages 5 and up in addition to the younger girls. There is a huge outrage among Mothers about this and I am sorry to say that I just don't get that. Does she seem immodest or immoral now in any way? I think they did a good job of keeping her wholesome. She is cute and all of my older girls agreed that she was way cuter than her younger self. I don't know...I am just kinda confused as to why people care. Original Dora is not going anywhere. Dora grows up is an addition to original Dora not instead of. Read more here if you are interested.

Now THIS is a grown up Dora worthy of the "angst."

Comments

I for one would not be that happy if my sweet little girl dressed in purple grew up to be the new older young woman dressed in short shorts, mid-driff bearing with sexy curves all exposed. Yes, she is cute but way to sexy for me.
Of course you know how old fashioned I am!
Melony said…
Mom.....the last Dora is NOT the new Dora. It is the first picture...the other was just a joke I found and it made me laugh! LOL
Thanks for clarifying that! I was just a little confused in that you saw nothing wrong with that.
I knew you were more together than that!
Call Me Fin said…
I'm thirteen, way to old to be watching Dora, but I am getting annoyed about the parents reactions. As you said your older children decided she was cuter now, I agree. She looks more modern, which in these times, I find to be attractive to younger audiences. Besides, my little sister (who grew out of Dora about say year and a half ago) is suddenly excited and can't wait for the show in which Dora grows up to actually begin. It just seems that parents need reasons to complain these days.
Unknown said…
where did you find the "adult" Dora? I'm curious to know who the designer is.
Melony said…
just did an image search for Dora grows up and it was in the results a few pages in...