Tearin' it up with Ella the Elephant


Above you see pictures of Paige with Ella the Kindergarten elephant. Ella is a stuffed elephant that goes home with each child for a few days each and while you have her you take her with you and take pictures. Then you make a scrapbook page or two documenting your time together. Kind of a cute idea. Page was the last child in her class to have Ella and she went to the dentist with us and ate lunch with us..etc. Ella came with a big binder full of all the scrapbook pages. I put the book up until we were able to get it back to the classroom for fear of what would happen to it if it had been left down. Paige, true to form, climbed up to get the book down and took it to her room. This all happened a few Fridays ago but that particular day I dozed off on the couch while the twins were playing in their room with their dollhouse. I only dozed for 20 minutes or so and that, in and of itself is weird since I rarely ever sleep during the day. But I digress, I went up to check on the twins and found the Ella book with all of the pages out and shredded! Absolutley SHREDDED. I mean, pictures ripped off and stickers and just a BIG mess! I was so upset about it. It is not like I can just go buy a new one and so I spent hours and hours taping everything back together like a jigsaw puzzle! I have no idea why the twins would do THAT much damage. I am thinking maybe to get back at Paige for bugging them or something....I have to give the teacher credit she was really great about it. Granted, when I was finished with the book it almost looked untouched. ALMOST. But, again, Wow...am I a stellar parent or what? UGH! I am glad that it is over but I had forgotten to share it so.....

Comments

Cute pictures of Paige! The elephant isn't bad either!
Good that you got things worked out. Nice that the teacher was OK with the fix.
Life can be difficult at times and apparently it was for you!
Melony said…
Oh Mom....sometimes doesn't even begin to cover it ;)
Shannon said…
Funny! We had "Bear Bear" this week. He's the 1st grade stuffed animal at our school. He was read to, ate string cheese, and played light saber fights.
Melony said…
And I am sure your kids left his book intact...unlike mine. Oh well...I needed something to do that weekend, besides watch Twilight anyway...right?