Wasatch County




On Sunday after church, Superdad took 5 of his favorite gals on a mini-trip to fabulous Wasatch county. Why fabulous you may ask? Well, that is easy, it's fabulous because SuperMom(alright, so maybe not last week as I was gone EVERY day ALL day, but try stay with me here) got to stay home and attempt to take a short nap. I said attempt...yeah, what is it with me and naps anyway?? I lay there and think about all the things I should be doing instead and usually that is kinda counterproductive to the whole napping idea anyway. I did take a short nap in this particular instance. It is really amazing to me how exhausted I was every day after the workshop last week. Who knew that being with 6 kids, dog and husband was not tiring compared to spending 7 days doing and learning about what you LOVE? So I got a short nap, I know that I am getting repetitive but this is where I am allowed to just type and not think about format.
Then after I woke up I wrote and wrote and wrote. IT was absolutely fabulous! Emma played XBox for hours so she probably believed with her whole soul that she had died and gone to heaven. That and the fact that I had decided to end my careless food chomping with a bang and we had lots of candy sitting there together. Writing and chocolate? What could be better?? Celia was happy to go to "her county" and the rest of the girls watched a movie on our 7" DVD player in the van which is way cooler than watching a movie on the 55" HD Tv here, of course. It's worth it to go on a ride in the van just to take in that awesome movie experience. Right? So Celia and I can now finish her county float with the knowledge that she gleaned from this trip!

In a perfect world I have to admit that there would have been a house-elf doing laundry while I wrote and ate chocolate but we can't have everything....and this was close enough. Thanks Superdad!!! You rock!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Shad Pulley said…
You failed to mention that we went to Wasatch County because Celia is doing a report on the county for school. As part of the report, she's doing the aforementioned 'float'.. A mini parade float depicting the county.. Whatever happened to the old fasioned collage on posterboard? I don't get the float thing, but ok.. Top picture, Jordanelle reservoir.. Next, a passenger car at the Heber Valley Railroad.. (gotta have a railroad.. She IS a Pulley..) Bottom pic is the girls that went with us at Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon..
i'm erin. said…
wow, your family is really cute. YOur girls are so beautiful and I am so jealous that you have so many of them. I only have the one. Melony, I am so so so so so so so so so so so so so so glad that I know you! OH, and I am glad you got to write...and EAT CHOCOLATE.
Ok the trip looked like such fun! I think I could have left X-box but I do know Emma and she was truly in heaven. Just not one of this world!

By the way hope the chocolate and writing was as wonderful as I think it was!
Heidi said…
Glad you got a little nap!

Shad, as always, you rock!