Looking back....

This week I had the rare opportunity to look into my past and see what my future might've been had I continued down the path I originally started down. It was an interesting glimpse and I was grateful to *meet* the person who allowed me to take that look. Every choice we make in life has an outcome and we often wonder what if? What if we had made the other choice. I'm so blessed by the decisions I've made and the amazing people I have in my life. I saw what could've happened and it just made me all the more grateful for what has happened instead. I was also able to take some preconceived (and undeserved) notions I'd formed about someone and smash them into bits by really getting to know someone who is more than worthy of my good thoughts and feelings. I was blessed by the opportunity to talk to this person and see how much we are alike and how we have both been through much of the same trials in the same situations but she has had it worse than me and I wish her all the future happiness in the world that she can grab because it is deserved!

Comments

Heidi said…
You are such a good person. I am so inspired by your willingness and ability to let things go. And you do it with grace. So proud to call you my sister! :)
Stacey said…
Great post Melony!