Zhu Zhu What?


So, unless you live under a rock you've probably heard about Zhu Zhu pets. I had. They were always sold out, but of course I'm a Mom and wanted "the toy of the year" for my girls. Plus, what's not to like about a pet hamster without the smell, mess, and overall distaste? Everywhere in creation was sold out of them and online they were going for upwards of 35 bucks. These are $8.00 toys folks! I do have a friend who stocks shelves at Target and I had asked her to let me know if they got in a shipment so I could be first there in the AM to get them. The call never came so I gave up. One day she did call me to tell me that they had a shipment of the accessories (homes, tubes, etc..) but no pets and they were flying off teh shelves. I told her oh well, I'm not gonna buy accessories without the pets, what would be the point of that? She told me she'd heard there were Pets at Hammond toys at Valley Fair Mall. I was skeptical but did happen to be at Target later that day when there were only about 4 or 5 of the accessories left. I grabbed a few and put them in my (special Target hiding place) Don't ask, it's classified ;)

That evening I dragged Shad to Valley Fair Mall and sure enough, they had stacks of them left. They were $14.99 but I could deal with that. So we bought a grey, white and a light brown one and knew we would be the awesomest parents in town (like we already aren't) We went back to Target and someone had removed one of my hidden things and left the other two..go figure?? But anyway, they had just recently put more out so we grabbed one of them. We really didn't get what made these things all the rage but oh well.

Fast forward to Christmas morning. The girls opened them and were thrilled to get them. They knew what they were. They were the first toys that got opened and no lie, they played and giggled and loved those stupid things for hours! I have never - with any toy, had that mugh glee and giggling and they were in love.

Now to the bad part. By the end of Christmas day the pets no longer moved. All three of them. I mena, I can see one or even two, but ALL THREE!?? The girls were so unhappy. They can't play with them anymore and have houses that pets can't play in and I am SO disappointed about this! I have written an email to teh company so I'll keep you all posted about it but man! What a sad thing, cuz these pets really are cute folks...and oh, so entertaining! The girls want their pets back!

Comments

Chels said…
I'd heard that they die really fast! That sucks though! I hope you can get some new ones or something since they were such a big hit!
IamDerby said…
Hi Melony! It looks like a great Christmas. I guess fake hamsters are just like real ones, they expire quickly. Looks like you have had an eventful December